drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As a propane dealer for more than 30 years I have learned that portable gas grills, like most useful things, fall into the category of "you get what you pay for". That said, in my opinion you can't go wrong with one of theses: Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Grill. They are well built, do not flare, cook with the lid closed and do not require rocks or other loose media. Walmart advertises it for about $95. This is one that will last for years. Only downside is it weighs about 20 lbs.
Good information but I'm cheap...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Yankee
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As a propane dealer for more than 30 years I have learned that portable gas grills, like most useful things, fall into the category of "you get what you pay for". That said, in my opinion you can't go wrong with one of theses: Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Grill. They are well built, do not flare, cook with the lid closed and do not require rocks or other loose media. Walmart advertises it for about $95. This is one that will last for years. Only downside is it weighs about 20 lbs.
Thanks, I'll look at that one. I'm a charcoal guy for the reasons you listed above plus a few others. I have a Weber smoky Joe, but was looking for a small gas grill only for the convenience.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up with the Weber q1000. It's what I really wanted anyway and when it went on sale for $100 at cabelas I snagged one. Had enough points that it didn't cost me anything.

20180224 125602

Reactions: GlockMeister

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!