BOX1

P500 Possible big trouble

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
So I took my p500 on its maiden voyage today. I followed a rzr 900 and it kept up great. Here is my problem.

We were running down a dusty road at about 30 mph. There was a small ditch with a big rock in the middle that I couldn’t see with the dust. When I hit it, it jarred me hard. I thought I just bottomed the suspension and everything still worked fine. Later on I realize my steering wheel is a little off to the left now. Got out and the drivers front tire is turned out a little while the passenger side is straight. Not toe, like the wheel is slightly turned.

So I figure it knocked out of alignment and I finished the ride.

Got back and I hit the front bumper skid pretty hard and it dented it. Also dented the frame where the front diff mount is. Doesn’t look like any weld issues that I see. Could it just got knocked out of alignment????

I also noticed that the drivers door is a little tight to close now. Like the net is too tight. I am hoping I didn’t do any major damage.

What should I do? How do I align the wheels back? It was a very rocky trail, could I have messed up the steering some how?

Please help me gurus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are having trouble with your door....I’d say you may have tweaked the frame. It all sounds bad. If it were me I’d put it on jack stands on a level shop floor and start measuring.. (good place to start anyway). Also, take your front skid off and see if it being dented is causing your frame to bind up. Good luck and let us know.

Reactions: RumpRocket
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
So I checked the alarm mounts and don’t see any visible damage or cracks in the weld. I am attaching a picture from each side. May not be able to tell much with the skid on.

Looks to me like it is just a frame dent in the front. Don’t see any wrinkles or other obvious frame issues. The drivers wheel is definitely turned some. Maybe a couple inches and steering wheel off center.
IMG 7173
IMG 7174

As for the door not shutting, let me clarify. The door shuts perfectly fine. It just seems like the net is tighter and I didn’t physically tighten it. It is possible it was like that already. I just slam it and didn’t pay much attention.

Any thoughts?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I checked the alarm mounts and don’t see any visible damage or cracks in the weld. I am attaching a picture from each side. May not be able to tell much with the skid on.

Looks to me like it is just a frame dent in the front. Don’t see any wrinkles or other obvious frame issues. The drivers wheel is definitely turned some. Maybe a couple inches and steering wheel off center. View attachment 72191View attachment 72192

As for the door not shutting, let me clarify. The door shuts perfectly fine. It just seems like the net is tighter and I didn’t physically tighten it. It is possible it was like that already. I just slam it and didn’t pay much attention.

Any thoughts?

That's not your a arm mounts? Check the upper mounts.

Reactions: rocmar
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Looks to me like it is just a frame dent in the front. Don’t see any wrinkles or other obvious frame issues. The drivers wheel is definitely turned some. Maybe a couple inches and steering wheel off center. View attachment 72191View attachment 72192

Any thoughts?

Send a pic of the front of the p5 so we can see the tire alignment issue.

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
I know those are not a arms. I checked a arms and they seem fine. I will take a picture of the front shortly.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
So I took my p500 on its maiden voyage today. I followed a rzr 900 and it kept up great. Here is my problem.

We were running down a dusty road at about 30 mph. There was a small ditch with a big rock in the middle that I couldn’t see with the dust. When I hit it, it jarred me hard. I thought I just bottomed the suspension and everything still worked fine. Later on I realize my steering wheel is a little off to the left now. Got out and the drivers front tire is turned out a little while the passenger side is straight. Not toe, like the wheel is slightly turned.

So I figure it knocked out of alignment and I finished the ride.

Got back and I hit the front bumper skid pretty hard and it dented it. Also dented the frame where the front diff mount is. Doesn’t look like any weld issues that I see. Could it just got knocked out of alignment????

I also noticed that the drivers door is a little tight to close now. Like the net is too tight. I am hoping I didn’t do any major damage.

What should I do? How do I align the wheels back? It was a very rocky trail, could I have messed up the steering some how?

Please help me gurus!!!

Following Razors, tsk tsk. :D

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Here are some more pictures. Kind of darker so not sure if they will be helpful or not. I swear everything seems fine except the steering being off a little.

IMG 7181
IMG 7182
IMG 7183

Reactions: rocmar
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can't really see that 1st one...like you said.

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Yes...show A-arms...drivers side
upper...& lower...mounts
If your tire..is tilted..
something aint....right

Not tilted. Turned. Like out of alignment. Toe in and out is fine

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like the top of the tire is leaning out? Correct?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
At this point I am not sure about anything. The picture does make it look like the toe is a little out, but in person I didn't notice that. I am guessing that since the steering wheel is now off that something is bent, just can't see what is actually bent. Everything looks straight. I am going to try and clean it up some more this evening and wash it well. Maybe something will show.

To be honest, I can't say 100% that the steering wheel was square to begin with, I just got paranoid after seeing the dent in the frame and now looking at everything. I will try to get some more pictures as well.

Would a hard hit to the front be able to mess the alignment up. I assume that when I hit the rock that it slammed the front wheels pretty hard as well. May have even been something else, the trail was nothing but rocks and we rode the creek beds forever. Rocks everywhere under the water.

I will have to say, this thing is a tank for taking the abuse, and I will not be going on that trail ever again. Climbs like a beast also!

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Here is a morning picture of the front. This is with steering wheel aligned straight. Looks pretty good at this point. But I know when driving with wheel straight it pushes some to the right.
IMG 7184

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!