P500 Post your front bumper/winch mount pics.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Do any of you guys with the Strong Made front bumper have any issues with it running hot?I live in a very rugged and steep terrain so I'm going slow most of the time..Im worried about how much air flow I will have with that bumper and winch.Looking at some of the pics it looks like it blocks a lot of the radiator. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!
I’ve had no problems with mine and it’s been on for 4 years. Love it.

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do any of you guys with the Strong Made front bumper have any issues with it running hot?I live in a very rugged and steep terrain so I'm going slow most of the time..Im worried about how much air flow I will have with that bumper and winch.Looking at some of the pics it looks like it blocks a lot of the radiator. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don’t have a strong made bumper but I have lights, a hi-lift jack, winch...etc in front of my radiator.

I’ve maybe heard mention of hooking up an extra 12v fan???
Side note; For reduced radiator heat, Consider carrying a collapsible bucket or water can to use in conjunction with the 12V pump, hose and sprayer. I think @Neohio might have the link.

Reactions: Nathan_Davis
Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Side note; For reduced radiator heat, Consider carrying a collapsible bucket or water can to use in conjunction with the 12V pump, hose and sprayer. I think @Neohio might have the link.

Rode with the Alabama crew, took a picture of @GlockMeister solution
BCD9D43D 1182 4FCF BDB1 683E8F7E5371

@joeymt33 and others had similar solutions.
Seams like mud is a bigger issue than accessories on the P500.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ga summer heat hits 100, no overheating due to strongmade and top winch mount in 3 yrs. Only overheat was due to soupy mud during Takeover ride, (now have the 12 v sprayer for long rides).
Multi - Improved 12v portable wash sprayer

Last edited:
lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
28x10x12 bl 2.0. no spacers. think the wheels are a 5,2 offset. got a a set from rmatv.com but had to order from a 2018 honda Rubicon. in order to go to 28" tires
Hey 12luck12 I really like your P500. Where did you find the 28" tires, and how's the steering, ( I don't think that's spelled right )

Reactions: Dp5hunter
12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Hey 12luck12 I really like your P500. Where did you find the 28" tires, and how's the steering, ( I don't think that's spelled right )
rmatv.com had to say i had a honda rubicon in order to get a 28" package. I don't think it steers that hard but i never drove it with the stock tires.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
How did you secure the rocker switch to the dash?
The toggle switch that came with the superwinch has two mounting holes through it. Remove cup holder, with the hood off you will be able to reach behind cup holder location to get to nuts on back of machine screws.
WinchToggle
This would also be a great time to upgrade your cup holders to a more useable size like those sold for boats. There are several posts on this forum for the how toos, but basically remove old cup holder, enlarge the hole to fit the new larger cup hole and press in place, I used a clear silicone caulk when I reinstalled cup holder to help hold the boat cup holder in place.

Reactions: Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!