P500 Post your front bumper/winch mount pics.

Slim

Slim

Mar 5, 2016
Nor-Cal
Strong Made bumper, with light bar mounted on it,
Kept the Warn winch mounted down below
Before
6C69C245 CF46 4A2C AAFD 244E6329427A

68B612D1 ECA8 42FF A154 C1BEFF838BFF

After
0EBCE15E DE64 4930 A510 4A74EA26E7A9
78254A0A 2C38 49F3 8077 B537F70D7D58
3324F567 9491 471D A6C5 89CF0E124239
EB003944 8B4E 4C3A 8E89 C980BC8CE444

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
20160102 122840 20180516 154039 20151227 120710 FB IMG 1526495049370
homemade front bumper with receiver for shackle. I also have a mount for a chainsaw and a small generator that goes in in the receiver..

the rear winch is great when you really don't want to go any further... while your riding without another machine with you

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Strong-Made bumper - Superwinch LT4000ATV (Synthetic rope)
View attachment 69999

Dash mount control and remote plug-in under left drink holder.
View attachment 70000

How do you like that SW lt4000 synthetic? That’s one on my short list. Only thing I hate about the superwinches is the YELLOW. Also on your strong made bumper is there any reason why a winch can’t be mounted in behind the bumper with the fairlead on the outside of the bumper??? To me that’d be the perfect setup. I can’t decide which way to go. I may go Honda oem bumper with KFI mounting plate. If that option works. But yea I’m very interested in the winch you have.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500

I like this setup as well. Is this a custom?? Nice bumper beefy and winch mounted behind the way id prefer. But from the looks of thing may not be able to achieve. Either strong made with winch on top or oem Honda bumper with KFI mount, the strong made with winch underneath looks good on some of these on here.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like that SW lt4000 synthetic? That’s one on my short list. Only thing I hate about the superwinches is the YELLOW. Also on your strong made bumper is there any reason why a winch can’t be mounted in behind the bumper with the fairlead on the outside of the bumper??? To me that’d be the perfect setup. I can’t decide which way to go. I may go Honda oem bumper with KFI mounting plate. If that option works. But yea I’m very interested in the winch you have.
So far I’m happy with the winch, worked great at Takeover when I high centered in a mud pond ( actually just a Big puddle). I don’t object to the yellow, but I guess you could always spray paint it. The Strong-Made bumper is a clamp on, not sure if there would be enough room for a winch behind it. Sorry, can’t speak to the KFI or Honda OEM bracket.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
So far I’m happy with the winch, worked great at Takeover when I high centered in a mud pond ( actually just a Big puddle). I don’t object to the yellow, but I guess you could always spray paint it. The Strong-Made bumper is a clamp on, not sure if there would be enough room for a winch behind it. Sorry, can’t speak to the KFI or Honda OEM bracket.

I think the SW LT4000 synthetic is like 215 bucks on amazon it’s not a bad buy at all. Do you know the difference between the Terra’s and the LT??? And yeah I suppose the yellow dial could be spray painted...does it come off? A dark dull orange would look good I think with my olive

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I think the SW LT4000 synthetic is like 215 bucks on amazon it’s not a bad buy at all. Do you know the difference between the Terra’s and the LT??? And yeah I suppose the yellow dial could be spray painted...does it come off? A dark dull orange would look good I think with my olive
Sorry, I don’t know the difference, I know a lot of people here have Terra’s, maybe they will chime in.
Bottom line: Any winch that you use, if it works and gets you out of a jam will be on your brag list and you’ll swear it’s the best thing out there, if the motor frys or jambs up you’ll likely swear at it saying it’s the worst POS you have ever seen.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Did you use your tree saver? :D

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Did you use your tree saver? :D
Nope, didn’t need too, you were my rock and anchor getting out of that mud hole (Thanks again!) :D. Hope you’re never in that situation, but I’d gladly be first in line to return the favor. @Mudder did get to use his earlier that day on the same trail, they do work quite nicely. Looking forward to riding with you two and the rest of our group again.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Nope, didn’t need too, you were my rock and anchor getting out of that mud hole (Thanks again!) :D. Hope you’re never in that situation, but I’d gladly be first in line to return the favor. @Mudder did get to use his earlier that day on the same trail, they do work quite nicely. Looking forward to riding with you two and the rest of our group again.

On a side note I was blessed with a granddaughter yesterday “Isabelle Marilyn” so the question is - should I see if I can change my screen name to PopaDubbs or OpaDubbs (German for grandpa), or just stick with DaddyDubbs?

Last edited:
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
@Slim I like that setup strong made looks good with the winch under it IMO. What size tires you running? The winch doesn’t look that low I’m the pics. I think I’d do the same-strong made with winch under it or Honda bumper with KFI mount. I can’t decide

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Went with winch on top of strongmade bumper, thinking if ever in deep hole or front end in a ditch. So many options out there. Pretty solid so far. Tree saver is HF 2x6 lifting strap, also have the 20 foot recovery strap for towing if needed.

9A2F032D DE15 48F4 BC17 1832E236C4CF

Last edited:
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Went with winch on top of strongmade bumper, thinking if ever in deep hole or front end in a ditch. So many options out there. Pretty solid so far. Tree saver is HF 2x6 lifting strap, also have the 20 foot recovery strap for towing if needed.

View attachment 77500
Like @Mudder I mounted my winch on top of the Strong-Made bumper, glad I did when I got hi-centered in a knee deep puddle at Takeover, at least I wasn’t noodling for the winch line. Thanks again to @trigger for the anchor to get me out of that one :D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Like @Mudder I mounted my winch on top of the Strong-Made bumper, glad I did when I got hi-centered in a knee deep puddle at Takeover, at least I wasn’t noodling for the winch line. Thanks again to @trigger for the anchor to get me out of that one :D

Anytime Dubbs. Your winch did all the work I was just something to tie on to. You were in front of me and I wondered why you took the line going through the water? There was a narrow shelf on the left that I took to get around you. Did you see someone in front of you make it through that? I think you just wanted to go through the water? :cool:

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Anytime Dubbs. Your winch did all the work I was just something to tie on to. You were in front of me and I wondered why you took the line going through the water? There was a narrow shelf on the left that I took to get around you. Did you see someone in front of you make it through that? I think you just wanted to go through the water? :cool:
Right, you were my anchor. Honestly I didn’t see the shelf on the left (gray hair moment :eek:) I thought everyone was going straight through, at any rate I’m sure Pam wasn’t looking for a mud pedicure right then, but I’m grateful I could hook on to you to get out...Would have been a B if we were alone. Thanks again, what a great day.

D

drob8904

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I like this setup as well. Is this a custom?? Nice bumper beefy and winch mounted behind the way id prefer. But from the looks of thing may not be able to achieve. Either strong made with winch on top or oem Honda bumper with KFI mount, the strong made with winch underneath looks good on some of these on here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!