BOX1

P500 Post your rear rack or box. Pics.

box4

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Anybody use metal ammo cans bolted on for a small storage add-on? I’m thinking about putting a couple I have on the Dusty Dawg.

Anybody figure out how to use the ‘wasted’ space under the driver seat on the P5 for storage? I’m thinking a couple of ammo cans would fit sideways and could be accessed cutting out the plastic- but the locking mechanisms require you to open from the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mud Slinger
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

Other Brand
Anybody use metal ammo cans bolted on for a small storage add-on? I’m thinking about putting a couple I have on the Dusty Dawg.

Anybody figure out how to use the ‘wasted’ space under the driver seat on the P5 for storage? I’m thinking a couple of ammo cans would fit sideways and could be accessed cutting out the plastic- but the locking mechanisms require you to open from the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just added the 3 gallon trash can mod under the seat to put less often used items in there, wrapped in a trash bag.

box4

DG Rider

Clever saying here
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

@DG Rider, I see your P5 has some sort of rack on the back now. What did you use?
It's not really "finished"...but I have every intention of doing a post on it when done, but...

It's a section of one of these cages...
Screenshot_20191222-183057_Chrome.jpg

...except mine was square tubing. Found it in a junkpile next to the shop. The tank was rotted, and one section of cage was bent, but I really just wanted 1 level anyway. My plans are to make a detachable second section later using some hex bar I also found that fits PERFECTLY inside the tubing.

It's actually about 1" or so wider, so the front is flexed in and clamped to the rack with some u bolt style clamps. Intentions are to take about 1" out of the middle and fit it right with the hex bar and screws.
The current fitting was only meant to be a temp thing so I could test it and use it. And I've liked it so much I haven't finished messing with it yet.

No real good pics...
20191214_132404.jpg

Huge improvement in the functionality of the 500. I know a few people like the rack, but for the other 99% of users, it was just an idiotic design decision.

Todd627

Honda SxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Ownership

Looks good Man. And the price was right - "if it's free, it's for me" ;)

DG Rider

Clever saying here
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

Looks good Man. And the price was right - "if it's free, it's for me" ;)
At that distance it does.
It's actually not too bad, but I need to file some rough edges, etc. It looks like it was cut with a butter knife. And I plan to paint it, but it's galvanized, so don't know how that will go. I expect I will make it to the point of bolting it down and never progress further...

Reactions: Mudwing

Todd627

Honda SxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Ownership

At that distance it does.
It's actually not too bad, but I need to file some rough edges, etc. It looks like it was cut with a butter knife. And I plan to paint it, but it's galvanized, so don't know how that will go. I expect I will make it to the point of bolting it down and never progress further...
Truck bed liner spray would stick to it I bet.

GSK

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

Do not currently own
The two reasons that I picked the P500 was for the small size and the fact that i did not want a plastic bed. I built this one from 1/8'' aluminum tread plate and coated it with bedliner. After seeing all of the nice rear rack/bed/boxes, I may have to make some modifications........ It truly never ends and that is the best part of it to me!

sxs5.jpg sxs8.jpg

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!