P1000 Power Commander V

Jayme

Jayme

Nov 29, 2015
Hernando, MS
Scrolling through eBay and saw dyno jet has a power commander for the 1000. Has anyone installed or played with one yet?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have one sitting in my shop for mine ready to install. Just trying to find the time to put it in.

Reactions: Hondasxs
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Please keep us updated. Will it do anything for a completely stock motor? Or do you have to run a loud pipe, which I do not want to.

Reactions: CashMoney
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
According to power commander it will make a completely stock bike feel tons better!! They said that on a dyno it won't give it tons of peak power but the stock tune is very lean in spots for emissions regulations that gives it a jumpy power curve. The PC will change that and smooth it out making it pull harder all the way through. I can also up the rev limiter to 8500 on the stock setup. I don't want to do an exhaust either but wouldn't mind doing something intake wise if it ever comes available. It also allows for custom tunes if other mods like cams come available. It will be fun/interesting to see what it does to the bike!! I will have it definitely on before the Royal Blue meet up!!

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I would be interested in cams or something but I definitely want to keep the stock pipe. I'm really enjoying how quiet it is and people outside of it say they hardly hear you coming which is nice. I don't want to piss off any more hikers than I need too. But I definitely would like a little more power! Did they have a stock map that already had the improved fuel/ timing tables added?

Reactions: franzw
Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
Anybody do the math on what the new top speed would be with an 8500 RPM Redline?

As if 65 ain't fast enough lol...

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I would be interested in cams or something but I definitely want to keep the stock pipe. I'm really enjoying how quiet it is and people outside of it say they hardly hear you coming which is nice. I don't want to piss off any more hikers than I need too. But I definitely would like a little more power! Did they have a stock map that already had the improved fuel/ timing tables added?

Yep. Mine is completely stock except for the PC. It is a total setup for the P1000. It ties into the throttle position plug, injectors, etc. I gotta get this installed....talking about it has got me excited again!:D

Reactions: pct
Jayme

Jayme

Nov 29, 2015
Hernando, MS
I'm hoping it will give it some more pep in reverse . The power going forward has no complaints, the high reverse gear is very noticeable.

advertisement
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
The only thing I don't like about the power commander is them wanting you to splice a few wires. Wish they had some stuff to plug in line for those wires instead. I really wish someone would just come out with something to flash the whole computer, I'd gladly pay more for that kind of setup. Like their powervision for harley. Its a complete flash tuner

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll get one one of these days. Gonna wait to see what other products become available. Don't expect to be blown away with this installed on a stock setup. It will clean up the lean spots for sure though. Honda has run on the lean side for as long as I can remember. Even before emissions were so closely regulated.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had one on a 900xp that i had with a alba map and they do make a difference dont know if nate at alba racing is going to do the 1000 or not but if he gets enough requests he will test one I'm sure

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Somebody needs to install a wideband so we can see how much room for improvement there is on a stock setup. I've got an aem unit laying around somewhere but it needs a sensor. You have to use one of their sensors (they're overpriced of course) which is why I no longer use it. I replaced it with one from innovate. It calibrates so you can use any sensor. One for an 02 VW beetle is about 50 bucks at Autozone.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
OK so i'd like to know how they plan on changing the rev limiter by only intercepting the signal to the injectors..... LOL.

hmmm.... time for another call to power commander for the skinny on these things. basically your run of the mill fuel controller intercepts the signal going to the injector and adjusts the signal based on a map of TPS vs RPM. they upgrade from there by building a custom map using the auto tune where you set a target AFR number and it reads and adjusts real time and builds a custom map for your bike over time.

i'll find out and report back.... take note on my CDI post.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
So talked to them about it on the drive home. It does adjust fuel, timing and throttle response. They cap off the O2 sensor connector to fool the system then it makes its own adjustments. I strongly suggest then using the auto tune with a Bosch wide and in the oem location to rune it. Next paycheck cha....ching... I'll be buying one.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out Alaba racing they make cams for polaris in time they will be on the 1000 im sure

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!