P1000 presumed code 102, kicks out of gear while driving

R

rpclark88

Sep 7, 2021
arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
2017 pioneer 1000-5, 10 long flashes 2 short. will kick out of gear into neutral while driving, then flash that code. if i shut down and restart problem goes away. I dont feel aproblem with the throttle, it will rev fine, but the trans completely disengages. this happens intermittently, sometimes 2 minutes sometimes 10, sometimes longer. no other performance issues are felt. I am leaning toward a loose connection on the clutches, but i'd like some input if any one has any.

P

PioneeringTimes

Aug 6, 2021
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A good first place to start with random intermittent issues and especially transmission issues on these, would be the battery. Make sure battery connections are very clean as well as very tight. (I use a socket and ratchet to ensure snug-ness). Also ensure the battery is good. An auto parts store can load test your battery to make sure it is healthy, you can also put a volt-meter to it as a basic check.

I am not saying this is indeed your issue, it is just a good place to start before hauling it to the dealer.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cheap insurance.........tighten grounds on engine under rear bed. I did and all the intermittent weird stuff stopped. Tighten with wrench. Wiggling wires doesn't work. 2 years trouble free!

U

UncleCy

Nov 15, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am having the same issue. Mine typically does it 2-4 times towards the beginning of me running it. Has anyone came up with a fix? 10 blinks and 2 fast it’ll down shift, flash through the series of flashes and then I turn it off and restart it. It may do it again that trip or it may not. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did anyone find a solution to this?
As a new member I didn't want this to get lost in the forum. It looks like the 102 code is for an Abnormal Throttle Valve Position. I don't know exactly what the rig is doing, but I'm guessing that it thinks it has a stuck throttle and kicks the rig into neutral. I have a 2018 and I know it had a service bulletin for the throttle pedal to get changed. I never had any trouble with it but I did have the pedal changed. Hope you can figure it out if you are having trouble.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!