Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know there has been lots of talk about the concern of the pull angle due to the KFI winch mount. Has anyone actually experienced issues from this? I completely see the point of making a new hole for a straight pull, however I dont want to do that due to potentioal for rocks to hit that area, and in mud/ water thats going to be harder to get to.

But my superwinch had a bolt strip out and ruined the winch. Im not sure if thats due to the pull angle of the KFI mount, or the crappy hardware used in the superwinch.

Im replacing the core with a WARN and prefer not to wreck this winch as well.

Im using the full honda bumper which i prefer to stay with as well.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I have a KFI setup with the Honda bumper and have maxed it out on a couple occasions and the mounts are still holding up fine.

Reactions: Eltobgi
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the mount was loose and bent when I took the bumper off the other day to check it. Drilled a couple extra holes in the front plate and tightened everything up. Use it twice this weekend, but not hard pulls. I am looking at the other mounted to see if they mount differently, I may replace it. It doesn't have the best pull angle.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have a KFI setup with the Honda bumper and have maxed it out on a couple occasions and the mounts are still holding up fine.
Hated having to reach under at awkward angle to set it to free spool, so...switched it up a little..
IMG 1206
KFI 2" front receiver keeps it out of the mud and hasn't given me any problems yet!

But even with the KFI winch mount being discussed have never had problems with the Warn ProVantage 4500 mounted! I would just recommend regular inspection of items throughout the machine!

Preventative Maintenance!:cool:

Reactions: GlockMeister

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!