JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
My dealer said no, no recalls.

Well now isn't this strange? Usually Canuck land follows USA's lead on all matters..... Well ok ok maybe not in your national political arena of late.... Ok seriously, I'm guessing there are many, many more units sold in the USA than in Canada. So wouldn't that translate into greater exposure to potential incidents and therefore increase risk potential? I'll try to find my "recall" letter might be a recommended product update. I know when I called the dealership gave them my VIN they order parts and we scheduled a time. Fact I suggested I'd do the swap (as I wanted to compare) and they said nope they had to execute the works...

jrc

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Yes but you have to understand...in the US if we did all recalls first our poor lawyers would have less to do...and we all know America is about lawsuits :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well now isn't this strange? Usually Canuck land follows USA's lead on all matters..... Well ok ok maybe not in your national political arena of late.... Ok seriously, I'm guessing there are many, many more units sold in the USA than in Canada. So wouldn't that translate into greater exposure to potential incidents and therefore increase risk potential? I'll try to find my "recall" letter might be a recommended product update. I know when I called the dealership gave them my VIN they order parts and we scheduled a time. Fact I suggested I'd do the swap (as I wanted to compare) and they said nope they had to execute the works...

jrc
I sure hope you find that letter. Maybe you could post it here???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did the 2016s come with the old shocks or new?

Joe
That's a very good question. I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to it.

Last edited:
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 2016s on the lot have the old shocks on front. I looked last week at the dealer.

Reactions: Sledge
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Yes but you have to understand...in the US if we did all recalls first our poor lawyers would have less to do...and we all know America is about lawsuits :)

Yep, and the first time someone gets hurt rolling one of these and sues the lawyers will point to the discrepancy between the US and CANADA.

Reactions: SBuckJ
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, and the first time someone gets hurt rolling one of these and sues the lawyers will point to the discrepancy between the US and CANADA.
For what it's worth this is what is on the Honda Power Sports

Upload 2016 5 17 9 31 32

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All the more reason we need to see jrc's recall letter!!!

S

Sledge

USA v. Canada! Actually it's Venezuela v. Dominican Republic, but what the heck.

Go Rangers!

Joe

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like Big T needs to attend anger management.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I sure hope you find that letter. Maybe you could post it here???

I can put up an image.... Soon as I find where my Sweetie filed it... Yes yes I've looked but as you guys know I can't see it. Soon as she's home it'll be well it's right here in the UTV file you old fool.....

jrc

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I can put up an image.... Soon as I find where my Sweetie filed it... Yes yes I've looked but as you guys know I can't see it. Soon as she's home it'll be well it's right here in the UTV file you old fool.....

jrc

Lol you funny guy. We can wait until the Misses shows you where it's at!

Peanut

Peanut

Dec 12, 2015
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
ok all ...just got he new shocks installed, what a difference!! the fronts are now progressive double coil, and fully adjustable all the way around.
also to answer the previous post, yes the new 2016's in the showroom had the new shocks on. I'm in Western Canada so I can't speak of anything south of the boarder.:) I've uploaded pics of the fronts only but the rears are the same. top photo is the new one.
New front
Old front

Reactions: Dp5hunter
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are they available for sale?

Peanut

Peanut

Dec 12, 2015
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
You would thinks so Solrus, but no. (for now) :( the parts guy said that they are only on the new Machines, and available for recalls only.
Thought I would be smart and look at the invoice/work receipt for a part # that I could post here but it just says " recall COHV 3-213 shock update K38". When i get a chance ill have a look to see if there is some kind of serial # on the shock itself. i know that the old ones did.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!