Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CLUTCHUPDATEl

ITS OFFICIAL.
Honda has finally released the UPDATE CAMPAIGN set to fix all the issues many of us have been having with the clutches.

Who is eligible for this update?
  • ALL 2016 Pioneer 1000's are eligible.
  • ALL 2017 Pioneer 1000's are eligible.
  • 2018's are expected to come with this pre-installed.
This "UPDATE", alters the oil flow to clutch 1 delivering cooler oil in an effort to keep it from overheating. This will help prolong the life of the clutch and help eliminate the chatter you receive.

It is also important to note that this "update" will not fix user abuse or error. Please continue to follow directions found in your user manual for operating the Pioneer 1000 DCT system.

Clutchupdate Page 01

Clutchupdate Page 02 Clutchupdate Page 03 Clutchupdate Page 04 Clutchupdate Page 05 Clutchupdate Page 06 Clutchupdate Page 07 Clutchupdate Page 08 Clutchupdate Page 09 Clutchupdate Page 10

Also, Here is a PDF version just in case you need the "letter".

Attachments

• Clutchupdate.pdf
    897.8 KB · Views: 2,774
Last edited:
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did anyone mention in the other thread that one of the improvements is an upgraded secondary screen? I know some had speculated that if the small secondary screen got stopped up it could/would cause oil pressure loss to the clutches?

Waylan

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is this going to fix the clutch problem or are they just trying this for now
I think it'll add life to most rigs reguardless of situations. Probably adds a percentage across the board because of added flow and cooling properties. I would suggest to everyone to get this done. Better oiling and cooling is NEVER a bad thing regardless of how the rig performs. Driver error should be substantially better and possibly not slip instantly if given wrong situations. There are still some others that aren't seeming to be able to be fixed for whatever reasons and those even though life will be extended may very well still have continued failures. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Called my dealer today and they have me down for both the clutch bulletin and the heat bulletin! The person I spoke with took down my mileage and said he was placing the order for the parts today and would inform me of ETA on mods!
Really happy about the timing because I was about to order my second clutch pack for the BEAST! She is surging as it shifts so I don't think the clutch pack will last much longer! :):):):):)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So if im reading this right, you can call them and tell them you want the improvement done even without any issues, and if your clutch is fine it will not be replaced but the improvement will be installed. Right?
Sounds correct

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They will check the clutches if they are ok then they will put on the new stuff if the clutches are bad they will replace everything is what I was told a lot of people are burning there clutches while using reverse wonder if the new fix is going to help that

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would you trust any old dealer to preform this if Im not having an issues? I know dealers put these things together but im not sure they really crack into them much. I have trust issues. I know the dealer I bought from sells a lot of pioneer 1000s they usually only have one in stock and they didn't know about the water injestion fix until I ordered the parts from them and had a hell of time with that as well. So I feel they aren't really aimed towards Pioneer stuff. I know they do a hell of a lot with motorcycles so im sure theres got be someone there with a good mechanical head on their shoulders.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Two questions. Is it that I have until 2020 to get this fixed?
Also are these parts free to me if I want to do the work myself?
Haven't even looked to see if they are expensive. But I have start experiencing some slip especially in reverse and after it gets warm.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Would you trust any old dealer to preform this if Im not having an issues? I know dealers put these things together but im not sure they really crack into them much. I have trust issues. I know the dealer I bought from sells a lot of pioneer 1000s they usually only have one in stock and they didn't know about the water injestion fix until I ordered the parts from them and had a hell of time with that as well. So I feel they aren't really aimed towards Pioneer stuff. I know they do a hell of a lot with motorcycles so im sure theres got be someone there with a good mechanical head on their shoulders.
Trusting your dealer to wrench on your machine is definitely easier to swallow if they at least sound aware of the condition or problem! I hated to call my dealer, but if they make a mistake in the shop you would think they would fix it at their expense! You can be assured that I will test and inspect my machine thoroughly!

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I called a dealer that I didn't buy mine from because the mechanic has been at this Honda dealer for a long long time he is really good and that is the dealer I am using as far as you doing the clutch fix yourself I would bet you would have to buy the parts instead of getting it done for free but I understand how people feel it's hard to find good help that care about doing the job right

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
So if im reading this right, you can call them and tell them you want the improvement done even without any issues, and if your clutch is fine it will not be replaced but the improvement will be installed. Right?

I would guess Honda would rather update your machine before they have to warranty your clutch discs and have a unhappy owner that was broke down on the trail.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just called my dealer... had my first service appointment set for the 25th of this month but wasn't going to be able to make it. I set the new service date for 10/12 and asked about the clutch update. He put me on the list for the it and said he hopes he'll get the parts in by that time.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Just called my dealer... had my first service appointment set for the 25th of this month but wasn't going to be able to make it. I set the new service date for 10/12 and asked about the clutch update. He put me on the list for the it and said he hopes he'll get the parts in by that time.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
So do they have to change the oil and filters with this fix. With the new clutches does Honda recomend the 100 mile chainge of oil as they did when new?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So do the have to change the oil and filters with this fix. With the new clutches does Honda recomend the 100 mile chainge of oil as tge did when new
The service bulletin says something about the oil I am just going to wait and get my 100 mile service and the heat fix and the clutch fix done at the same time

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!