1. 1000-3
Has anyone tried any of these. And are they worth it

Reactions: Lady01
Georgejordancsx

Georgejordancsx

Dec 13, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was just wondering if anyone has tried any programmers for the Honda pioneer. I have been looking around for one for mine. Didn’t know if there worth spending the money on

Reactions: Lady01
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just wondering if anyone has tried any programmers for the Honda pioneer. I have been looking around for one for mine. Didn’t know if there worth spending the money on
I have the pv3 and the COPS tunes. There is a very noticable difference. I can do donuts on pavement. Better clutch engagement. No slipping ever. It will kill the motor before they slip.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have the pv3 and the COPS tunes. There is a very noticable difference. I can do donuts on pavement. Better clutch engagement. No slipping ever. It will kill the motor before they slip.

Been reading some of the recent posts on the tuners and programmers, just out of curiosity.....how much does something like that run...average ball park?

Reactions: EMAW
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been reading some of the recent posts on the tuners and programmers, just out of curiosity.....how much does something like that run...average ball park?
Well it's cheaper than a "real tune" in the car world. I have the 4 tune package and reverse shifting. It was $960 and that's including the $400 pv3 tuner.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well it's cheaper than a "real tune" in the car world. I have the 4 tune package and reverse shifting. It was $960 and that's including the $400 pv3 tuner.

Ok, yeah that's not bad compared to some the automotive tunes.

Thanks!

Reactions: EMAW and Gabbas
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, yeah that's not bad compared to some the automotive tunes.

Thanks!
Don't get me wrong. Its not cheap. But there are other players in the game. My suggestion is to get a PV3, play with the stock tune they offer for the pioneer. I know that Florida Cracker performance is doing tunes that people say are doing better than the COPS tune. Florida Cracker Performance Tuning

I'll be buying one from them and trying it out. They are considerably cheaper.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don't get me wrong. Its not cheap. But there are other players in the game. My suggestion is to get a PV3, play with the stock tune they offer for the pioneer. I know that Florida Cracker performance is doing tunes that people say are doing better than the COPS tune. Florida Cracker Performance Tuning

I'll be buying one from them and trying it out. They are considerably cheaper.

Yeah I've been doing some light reading on the topic but I don't think its something I'll do soon. Want to get/do a few other mods before the tune.

Reactions: Raynman and EMAW
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I've been doing some light reading on the topic but I don't think its something I'll do soon. Want to get/do a few other mods before the tune.
If I did it all over, the way my machine runs, shifts, stays cooler and even idles better it would of been my first mod. Haha

Reactions: EMAW and JenElio
D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the pv3 with the dyno jet, hess and florida cracker tune. The florida cracker stage 2 is by the best out of all 3. The florida cracker stage 2 is a mild tune and it's awesome. Mild power gains, shifts awesome up and down, clutch engagement is awesome. Full power with no limiter in low and full speed in reverse. It also idles much better than stock too. They have 4 different tunes to choose from depending on what you do. Stage 2 was the best for me

G

goheelzfan

May 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where do you guys who keep the tuner on board have it mounted?

Reactions: duramaxman05
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got the @Flhoghunter Florida cracker stage 2 hot trail tune. Very easy experience! He has a how to video on Facebook for people like me who have no clue about this stuff... From the time I messaged him it was no more than 30 minutes and I was flashing my new tune to my bike! Now that’s customer service! Will test and report tomorrow...

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got the @Flhoghunter Florida cracker stage 2 hot trail tune. Very easy experience! He has a how to video on Facebook for people like me who have no clue about this stuff... From the time I messaged him it was no more than 30 minutes and I was flashing my new tune to my bike! Now that’s customer service! Will test and report tomorrow...
Let us know what you think of it, I flashed it but haven’t had a chance to ride with it yet.

Reactions: Raynman and TripleB
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really you could put it anywhere that you prefer, the hondasxs store has extension wires for the pv3. I’m going to route a wire to my glove box but doubt I keep it attached at all times.

Reactions: William and TripleB
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the extension cable and have it mounted to the roll bar right above me on the driver's side in the corner. Works great. I found someone on facebook who 3d printed roll bar mounts for RZR's and then just asked him to print something I could use with heavy duty zip ties. So the DynoJet slides and clips in its own mount now.

D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have three stage 2 Florida cracker performance and I think it awesome for a mild tune. Service was awesome. I didn't mount my pv3 anywhere. I just flashed mine then took it off

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I have tested the Florida cracker stage 2 tune, and it is great. I have about 8 ft black marks around my subdivision where I was leaving hard...Feels like it’s pulling the front tires off the ground leaving hard in low! Scott is a very patient guy dealing with my indecisive butt... His customer service is the best... Highly recommend him!

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking into the silber ecm reflash for $199 has anyone done this ? Is it worth it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!