Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You go first, protect the public land by staying completely off it.

I think we all want to protect our land but on the other hand we want to use and enjoy our land as well. Some think the fedural government managing it is the way to go. I think the Feds have no clue. Kind of like the mess they created with the wild horse problem out west. Wild Horses and Burros on Public Rangelands Now 2.5 Times Greater than 1971 when Protection Law Was Passed
I'd rather take my chances with states managing with the stipulation that states CANNOT SELL THE LAND.
If the states can afford it, and will manage them with the common good in mind and not special interests, those that view the land as dollar signs, so be it.

Reactions: Jediwrathchild
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with that. I was talking about our discussion here at work and they guys I work with have no idea what I'm talking about. And these are intelligent, outdoor loving guys that enjoy it as much as I do. They can tell you how many points Tom Brady got in fantasy football last week though.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Republicans want to privatize everything. Today we learned that the man appointed to the Securities and Exchange Commission is a Wall Street lawyer that defended the big Wall Street banks after they crashed our economy. A couple weeks ago we learned that the guy that has been tapped to head up the Environmental Protection Agency is a guy that spent his career suing that agency. :rolleyes: Very clear where this is all going.

Last edited:
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
HR 621 and 622 Death by a thousand cuts to public land

Not many news articles on it, but a link to a hunting forum that discusses specifics. Funny thing, the actual text of the bill isn't available online from what I can see. Utah Rep Chaffetz put up these bills to sell off 3.3 million acres of federal land that are deemed worthless. The argument being that local law enforcement can have better control, without discussing how local PD and Sheriff will handle the increased burden of patrolling large swathes of open land. This is Setting a bad precedent on everything else. I already called AK Rep Young's office in DC this morning. If you care, I strongly urge others that care about this matter to contact their reps too. Even if the specific bill may not effect your actual state, these lands are OUR lands.

Reactions: tjoreo
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
HR 621 and 622 Death by a thousand cuts to public land

Not many news articles on it, but a link to a hunting forum that discusses specifics. Funny thing, the actual text of the bill isn't available online from what I can see. Utah Rep Chaffetz put up these bills to sell off 3.3 million acres of federal land that are deemed worthless. The argument being that local law enforcement can have better control, without discussing how local PD and Sheriff will handle the increased burden of patrolling large swathes of open land. This is Setting a bad precedent on everything else. I already called AK Rep Young's office in DC this morning. If you care, I strongly urge others that care about this matter to contact their reps too. Even if the specific bill may not effect your actual state, these lands are OUR lands.
Done! Thanks for the heads up Jedi!!!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That doesn't mean anything here. We just can't afford any more legal troubles, so the state just sits back and waits for Utah to figure out how to do it and then we follow suite. They are wanting to change our hunting rules right now to match Utah's. Which is funny because alot of the people in Utah come to hunt in Idaho.

I really didn't think this HR621 was going to go very far anyways. The states want the money of the sales and this would have gone to the federal treasury. They really didn't want it either.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That doesn't mean anything here. We just can't afford any more legal troubles, so the state just sits back and waits for Utah to figure out how to do it and then we follow suite. They are wanting to change our hunting rules right now to match Utah's. Which is funny because alot of the people in Utah come to hunt in Idaho.

I really didn't think this HR621 was going to go very far anyways. The states want the money of the sales and this would have gone to the federal treasury. They really didn't want it either.
Your constitution is meaningless???

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Yeah it was great to see this when I woke up! Whether there was major support or not by other state legislators is moot I think. The pressure from citizens that people don't want land transfer was very strong. Hopefully the various user groups can continue to be united on this cause. My senators and reps are gonna know me by my first name before too long haha

Reactions: JTW
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
@tjoreo interesting about hunting regs changing. Do you guys have issues with the Board of Game like we do here in AK? They're notorious for backing guides that take out big money non resident clients vs supporting residents (aside from native subsistence stuff) Not saying residents don't have fantastic opportunities, but several species and units your odds are immensely higher by paying big money to a guide.

J

JTW

@tjoreo interesting about hunting regs changing. Do you guys have issues with the Board of Game like we do here in AK? They're notorious for backing guides that take out big money non resident clients vs supporting residents (aside from native subsistence stuff) Not saying residents don't have fantastic opportunities, but several species and units your odds are immensely higher by paying big money to a guide.
If I've got to pay 20-30k to come up there to kill a bear.. it better be good odds!!

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
If I've got to pay 20-30k to come up there to kill a bear.. it better be good odds!!

Haha too bad we're not related somehow. You could come hunt with me and not require a guide.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!