Pulling power?

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Hey all. Chomping at the bit here to get my 700-4. About 2 weeks to go still.

I saw someone mention dragging trees, and Im curious, what kind of pulling/work could possibly be done with a pioneer? (Length and diameter of trees or weight of items being pulled?)

Without extra load/weight in the machine, will it spin all 4 tires when attemping to drag something too heavy- even on pavement? What about with added weight or passengers?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The trees were 30-35 foot pines tops and all. Had @500lbs in bed and if they got hung it would spin tires. For the slope I was going up about 1 foot for every 2 in run.

Trailer it will pull my 6x12 with a cut tree on it and several tops along with the 500lbs in the bed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!