• Thread starter SamLakeothePines
  • Start date
S

SamLakeothePines

Mar 12, 2018
Piney Woods in NE TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So the transmission in our 2003 Ranger was getting worse and making it not fun to use so I started looking at new ones. Then I found out that the Hondas have an automatic transmission and I hate CVT!!! Plus we love all the Honda vehicles we have ever have, my wife drive a FIT right now and misses her S2000 she had previously!!

I looked at a 700 and thought that would be enough, but then found several dealerships in NE TX that had left over 2016 1000s for an amazing price I thought($10,599), so I went to take a look.

Trying to negotiate even more off or some accessories, I told the salesman that another dealer was $500 cheaper, problem was it 1.5 hours away. He mentioned that it was probably a CA model and thus less capacity. He then told us that he thought all his red ones(wife has to have red) were all CA models and only his green ones were non CA models. He went to check, only to be told that he was wrong, the red ones WERE non CA models. We ended up getting a 'deal' on a roof and a free full cover.

SO I picked it up on the next Tuesday and we love it.

I got my first statement/bill from Honda Financing and paid it, but I noticed it said 2017 Honda Pioneer.!!??

So I thought I would look at the VIN and was reading a thread about VIN deciphering. The thread I read was about 2016 and said it should have a 'G'. My VIN has an 'H'!!! SO I have a 2017!! Now I am wondering if he messed up and pulled a 2017 up for us thinking it was a 2016 or did he do it to give us the non CA model since that was going to be a sticking point??

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the transmission in our 2003 Ranger was getting worse and making it not fun to use so I started looking at new ones. Then I found out that the Hondas have an automatic transmission and I hate CVT!!! Plus we love all the Honda vehicles we have ever have, my wife drive a FIT right now and misses her S2000 she had previously!!

I looked at a 700 and thought that would be enough, but then found several dealerships in NE TX that had left over 2016 1000s for an amazing price I thought($10,599), so I went to take a look.

Trying to negotiate even more off or some accessories, I told the salesman that another dealer was $500 cheaper, problem was it 1.5 hours away. He mentioned that it was probably a CA model and thus less capacity. He then told us that he thought all his red ones(wife has to have red) were all CA models and only his green ones were non CA models. He went to check, only to be told that he was wrong, the red ones WERE non CA models. We ended up getting a 'deal' on a roof and a free full cover.

SO I picked it up on the next Tuesday and we love it.

I got my first statement/bill from Honda Financing and paid it, but I noticed it said 2017 Honda Pioneer.!!??

So I thought I would look at the VIN and was reading a thread about VIN deciphering. The thread I read was about 2016 and said it should have a 'G'. My VIN has an 'H'!!! SO I have a 2017!! Now I am wondering if he messed up and pulled a 2017 up for us thinking it was a 2016 or did he do it to give us the non CA model since that was going to be a sticking point??

Doesn’t matter now, you got a year newer. Did they perform the clutch update before you received it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!