SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have the EMP aluminum roof that has served me well, for about $250. I think they also offer a plastic roof for less money. I don't have a windshield, so can't give advice on that. Lots of options out there on both.

Edit: I was wrong......... the plastic roof is $270. I think it used to be cheaper.

Last edited:
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the EMP aluminum roof that has served me well, for about $250. I think they also offer a plastic roof for less money. I don't have a windshield, so can't give advice on that. Lots of options out there on both.

Edit: I was wrong......... the plastic roof is $270. I think it used to be cheaper.
Thanks
They start getting too proud I may just make one out of an old truck bedliner I have laying around !

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
open trail 148.49 e-bay. 3/8 in. thick.
S l1600

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Which of these tops can be trailered ?
If I am going t buy one I don't want to have to tale it off just to trailer it .

Reactions: rtn001
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
no,the 500,or at least that is what the dealer told me.
I was told they were continuing to have 500s
Really? No chit!
i thought when they came out with the 520 they were done with the 500? Sold my 500 a few yrs ago, prob why i didnt know? If i could do it all over again, Id have the 520 with the dump bed tho IMO.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Really? No chit!
i thought when they came out with the 520 they were done with the 500? Sold my 500 a few yrs ago, prob why i didnt know? If i could do it all over again, Id have the 520 with the dump bed tho IMO.
Down at the bottom of the page

I figured since I don't need a dump bed I could put the extra $1,000 into tires ,and a cheaper top,maybe a a locker with a little extra

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Down at the bottom of the page

I figured since I don't need a dump bed I could put the extra $1,000 into tires ,and a cheaper top,maybe a a locker with a little extra
Im still surprised there still making the P5 Plus the P520 cuz they cant get parts to build other models lol.

glad your finally Getting a machine. You talked about hauling quite a bit of stuff for taking things like shovels and stuff to the field and such. You know to do that, youll have to buy or make a box of some sort to comfortably do thise things with the back rack of the P5. Might want to figure that in your budget.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Im still surprised there still making the P5 Plus the P520 cuz they cant get parts to build other models lol.

glad your finally Getting a machine. You talked about hauling quite a bit of stuff for taking things like shovels and stuff to the field and such. You know to do that, youll have to buy or make a box of some sort to comfortably do thise things with the back rack of the P5. Might want to figure that in your budget.
Thanks
Yea me too,
I decided I wasn,t going to pay new prices for used Machines.
Although I may not need it I like the Idea of that Warranty

I looked at several different ideas that others had on a thread here on the site and I think that it will be relatively easy to build a box from scrap to carry things

A small cooler for sandwiches and drinks (although I will probably want them right up in front with me for easy access to the vittles !!) and a small tool box for a few tools.

For a shovel I will just have to look at it and figure out where it will ride the most securely
A piece of Plastic levee gate will ride almost anywhere.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Getting back to a Hard top can any of the tops mentioned be trailered without removing ?

Reactions: rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!