Put Down Deposit on 500

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im still surprised there still making the P5 Plus the P520 cuz they cant get parts to build other models lol.

glad your finally Getting a machine. You talked about hauling quite a bit of stuff for taking things like shovels and stuff to the field and such. You know to do that, youll have to buy or make a box of some sort to comfortably do thise things with the back rack of the P5. Might want to figure that in your budget.
Really the p5 is a great deal for those that only trail ride and a rack is fine for, I’m trying to talk my parents into a p5 as it would be perfect for their needs, no need to spend the extra $1k for their needs.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Haven’t trailered mine yet but wouldn’t think twice about it when the time comes….
I’ll let you know if I find out before you or someone else does 👍
Thanks

Reactions: rtn001
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I know you don't want to pay the high dollar but the Honda oem roof is the best one out there and the last one you'll buy. FWIW

Couldn't say it any better. And it has been on the trailer at 80+mph WITH a 30+mph headwind the town of Mojave is famous for.

No ,I am not going to pay that much for a piece of plastic .

That's too bad, because the way it hangs down lower than most other roofs makes it worth every penny in the sun and rain. And the ROPS clamps aren't even in the same league as the hose clamps, rubber bands, and Velcro holding the others on.

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It’s not just a piece of plastic….
But by all means, you should just get what you want.
Of course it is just a piece of Plastic to me

Oh I forgot, Plastic with bolts or some mechanism to hold the Plastic to the machine.

In Laymans terms it is just Plastic.

Regardless of the technical name for whatever Kind of Plastic it is or with whatever super duper addition it might or might not have that Might mean it is called something in addition to Plastic Plastic.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene

I am trying to get information so I can make a decision on which Hard Plastic or Aluminum hard top that will best fit my budget and not really concerned whether my terminology of Plastic is appropriate to a hall monitor for proper terminology.
I daresay that most would call it hard plastic but regardless that most would know instantly what I am referring to when I am talking about a hard top for a UTV in that most are made of some type of plastic or some type of Aluminum

And thanks so much for your ok to get whatever I want

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Oh I forgot, Plastic with bolts or some mechanism to hold the Plastic to the machine.

Regardless of the technical name for whatever Kind of Plastic it is or with whatever super duper addition it might or might not have that Might mean it is called something in addition to Plastic Plastic.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene

I am trying to get information so I can make a decision on which Hard Plastic or Aluminum hard top that will best fit my budget and not really concerned whether my terminology of Plastic is appropriate to a hall monitor for proper terminology.
I daresay that most would call it hard plastic but regardless that most would know instantly what I am referring to when I am talking about a hard top for a UTV in that most are made of some type of plastic or some type of Aluminum

Easy fellar…….😉

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I figured since I don't need a dump bed I could put the extra $1,000 into tires ,and a cheaper top,maybe a a locker with a little extra

Why would you spend good money on tires? If you're going to buy the cheapest round rubber things you find, like your roof, you may as well keep the stock ones. Can't be any worse than the cheapest ones you can find, no? 🤷‍♂️

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Easy fellar…….😉

Why would you spend good money on tires? If you're going to buy the cheapest round rubber things you find, like your roof, you may as well keep the stock ones. Can't be any worse than the cheapest ones you can find, no? 🤷‍♂️
Well is seems like there is another Keyboard Warrior here that feels the need to put their 2 cents worth in that does not make any sense.

There is a difference between not wanting to spend a lot on a Piece of plastic that serves no function other than to keep rain off ones head and for shade and Putting Money into good tires that have different tread to better suit the terrain.
Hate it for you that you don't have the ability to see the difference.

I did not say that I would buy the cheapest Round rubber things I could find and for you to jump to such an an incredibly ridiculous conclusion such as this based on me wanting to find a cheaper plastic roof shows a lack of comprehension that almost borders on childish.

I suspect that your legs stay sore from Jumping to the wrong conclusions.

• Haha
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500

And I'm a keyboard warrior? 🤦‍♂️

Best of luck to you, you will need it and a very tall roof for that giant chip perched atop your scapula.

Oh, and since I didn't get a transcript of a NOVA program for a response, does that mean that rubber is the correct term and compound for tires? Asking for a friend.....

Reactions: rtn001 and Joe_none
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
And I'm a keyboard warrior? 🤦‍♂️

Best of luck to you, you will need it and a very tall roof for that giant chip perched atop your scapula.

Oh, and since I didn't get a transcript of a NOVA program for a response, does that mean that rubber is the correct term and compound for tires? Asking for a friend.....
And who has the chip ?

You jump in with a smart ass reply that makes no sense and was uncalled for and then when you are called on it then you claim I have a chip on my shoulder ?

Don't start no crap and there wont be any crap

Don't dish it out unless you can take it back.

It is a concept lost on some people
Some people have the audacity to THINK they should be able to be rude and make smart azz comments and then are Incredulous that someone would throw their attitude right back at them and cant take it when it is thrown back at them.

It is a real easy concept to understand, be Polite to me and I will be Polite to you.
Be a smart ass to me and I will be a smart ass to you.

You know the ole treat others the way you want to be treated thing ?

S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
I have the EMP aluminum roof ($250 today) and the EMP hard coat windshield ($200 today). Never had an issue with either. 7600 miles of dust and dirt and I clean the windshield with Windex (supposedly a no-no) and a microfiber cloth. Also have a "golf cart" hand operated windshield wiper. No scratches from cleaning or the wiper on the windshield. I am very happy with both products. No trailer issues. I also have the EMP side view mirrors. They are Ok, but if I had it do over again I would find other mirrors. But EMP roof and windshield are great.

J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC

You jump in with a smart ass reply that makes no sense and was uncalled for
Says the person after making a sarcastic and smart ass reply... pot calling the kettle black.

I'm going to agree with @Bisley , best of luck to you and your attitude. I'm sure many on here will give you the benefit of the doubt and try and be helpful but if you keep going like you are I doubt it will last long. This site isn't your average internet forum people are more like family here.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!