PV3 question

R

Rudy17

Jan 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m wanting to know if any of you have used the PV3 on a totally stock Talon? I know installing exhaust would help a lot but I’d really like to keep mine quiet. If so, was it worth the $? Just looking for more power & figured this would be a good starting point. Thanks!

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Save you hard earned cash. Honda did a great job squeezing every last HP out of that motor as-is. None of the "bolt ons", nor the PV3 add any noticeable HP and you will just be throwing your money down the drain. Save your $$$ for internal engine mods or a turbo.

Take it from someone that has already spent the money and time for you. $2,000 in experiments and I might have gained 4 HP. $500/HP is not worth it. My machine is almost completely back to stock except I use the PV3 to lower the cooling fan engagement temp and raised the max RPM a little.

Search and you will find a rather lengthy set of posts (or should I call them Rants) from me about this exact subject.

H

HondaTech

We've used the PV3 with a Hess tune, their ported head/camshaft and HMF exhaust. That machine saw a big improvement. I think if someone could just modfiy the shifting to make it like the Hess tune, it would feel much better.

Last edited:
R

Rudy17

Jan 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
Save you hard earned cash. Honda did a great job squeezing every last HP out of that motor as-is. None of the "bolt ons", nor the PV3 add any noticeable HP and you will just be throwing your money down the drain. Save your $$$ for internal engine mods or a turbo.

Take it from someone that has already spent the money and time for you. $2,000 in experiments and I might have gained 4 HP. $500/HP is not worth it. My machine is almost completely back to stock except I use the PV3 to lower the cooling fan engagement temp and raised the max RPM a little.

Search and you will find a rather lengthy set of posts (or should I call them Rants) from me about this exact subject.
Thanks for the honesty! I’ll save the $ & spend it in other directions..

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
A waste especially if you ever plan on getting a turbo. Mine sits in a box and is worthless after the turbo. But it does improve the shifting a bit on a totally stock machine and maybe a couple hp. Overall I would save the $ for another accessory.

Reactions: Blownzuki
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
A waste especially if you ever plan on getting a turbo. Mine sits in a box and is worthless after the turbo. But it does improve the shifting a bit on a totally stock machine and maybe a couple hp. Overall I would save the $ for another accessory.
It doesn't do that by itself.* You have to buy tunes with/for it or a PV3 is just a code reader with the ability to show you engine data in real time.

*Unless you are a bad ass and have the ability to write your own engine and trans tunes.

Reactions: Blownzuki

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!