P1000 Quadboss 5000# winch

Manshoon

Manshoon

Jul 5, 2016
Eastern Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Do not currently own
I have one the Quadboss 5000 with the synthetic rope, I bought that and a 72" Denali Pro series UTV plow in Red for the Pioneer 1000 by Moto Alliance to go with it, The Quadboss ships there their winches with the KPI winch mount that is questionable because yes it uses the same holes as the front DIFF. pinion mount for the P1000. 2 bolts to hold the pinion in place when in 4x4, and a plate that bolts to those two bolts that holds almost the entire weight of the winch mount, and plow pulling against these two bolts, didn't seem right.

But the REAL reason was problem Honda, was the drunken fool who put my machine together crossed threaded the bolt into the hole for the right side Differential mount,there are only two bolts, and it came out crooked. So using the questionable KPI mount that utilizes those two holes specifically weakens the mount plate how it mounts. And it lines up perfectly to the Moto Alliance plow mount that mounts to the bottom of the frame to a T. So you can't use KFI mount even if you wanted to because it would hit the Moto Alliance Frame mount as it bolts to the bottom of the frame for the support tubes.

So I thought ok get the next best thing, Check Ebay and found at JT_Cycles and buy up a EMP mount for the P1000. Bought on the 12th of January. JT_Cycles sent the mount to some bogus address in my state even though they had the right address from my Paypal, staring them in the face, it made it almost 6o miles to my house then got returned to Fed Ex, who then shipped it 1857miles East to to some house in OHIO, dropped on their front porch with out signature, because that's how Fed Ex does it. 1-30-2017 I call Ebay, Pay Pal, wheres my winch mount.

Besides on some fools porch who has no idea what it's for. Return process for the mount started any way, So now I go to Moto Alliance and buy their mount this time at a discount because I bought the plow, but their mount flips upside down and it looks as if you have to restring the winch cable to accommodate the flipping. It looks weaker also then the others because this winch mount as it is, held on by 4 C clamps mount to the frame rails that support the front bumper. I spend another 27.00 to 2 day air it to me, so I will know Friday, I hope because I will be out of town when FED EX drops it on my porch.

My"quick view of the Quadboss 5000" cheap bolts, vague instructions and the little parts bags don't actually correspond to the instructions sheet, so you have to guess what goes where. I thought to buy a snatch block to help support the winch, the plow mount because the lower mount under the frame is going to be on the loose side. The washers and craftsman ship isn't the best for new plow, but rather kinda sloppy. I will update this once everything is hooked together and pushing snow, as I have allot of snow left.

Last edited:
Reactions: GlockMeister

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!