pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When doing the reset I have no problem getting it started but right after it starts my oil light comes on have any of you had this to happen to you I have let it run for over 2 min and when I turn the key back on it shows that it is in park and mt and at are both lit up any ideas
Thanks,Paul

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I think you just need to try again. Take your time with it. Both showing is a sign it needs to be done. Several people have had this after theirs didn't work right.

OK. Keep us updated.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On mine when it first starts the reset the oil light comes on is that normal
Thanks,for the help

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the clutch reset to go everything was normal on the dash it would move forward and reverse turned it off to get ready for a test ride in the yard started it up nothing again went out today started it up cold backed out of the shop went around the yard high and low range shifted in to all gears fine after 5-10 min riding in the yard started acting up quit pulling let it sit for about an hour and was fine again fir 5-10 min any ideas I did read where this has happened be before but can't find out what the problem was man this is a dandy
Paul

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sorry @pct, I can't find anyone with a similar issue.
What about manual mode? Is there a different feel between the 2 clutches? Ex, does 1, 3, 5, R feel different then 2, 4, 6?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really when it is cold manual works fine to.Is the oil light pressure or temp it will do ok for a while at normal running temp then it starts to not wanting to move until around 4000 and jerks like a stall convertor in a race car very strange where could I find what sensor doe's what
Thanks for the help
Paul

Jonnny53

Jonnny53

Mar 28, 2016
Southeastern, Indiana
I got the clutch reset to go everything was normal on the dash it would move forward and reverse turned it off to get ready for a test ride in the yard started it up nothing again went out today started it up cold backed out of the shop went around the yard high and low range shifted in to all gears fine after 5-10 min riding in the yard started acting up quit pulling let it sit for about an hour and was fine again fir 5-10 min any ideas I did read where this has happened be before but can't find out what the problem was man this is a dandy
Paul
A Friend of mine recently had a similar issue happen. He crossed a muddy water crossing to fast and got some muddy water in the intake. After many oil changes and a clutch basket tear down and good cleaning everything seemed to be working fine. We did a clutch reset, took it out for a ride and it ran like a champ for 5-10 min then the oil pressure light would come on and it wouldn't move.It wasn't clutch slip, it was like it was in neutral.
We found that the oil pressure sensors on the bottom of the clutch case had dirt in them. We tore them down and cleaned them and it has ran great ever since (over 100 miles). The only explanation we can think of is that the machine has a safety switch when it has low oil pressure it disengages the clutch to protect them.
I'm not sure if you ever found your issue? If not you may want to check your oil pressure sensors.

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks 53 good info mine is at the dealer it has a different problem all info is good to hear and Welcome to the forum

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!