Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a thread started on this. Some pics of the break I experienced.

I've heard from an unconfirmed source that Honda did make revisions to the harness once to address this issue. It obviously was not enough.

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'll still be ordering a pigtail. These angel hair wires are a joke.
Great news on the fix. And great job getting those plugs apart without ripping them apart. Lol.

Hey, dont order it if you got her fixed up. Its about helping people with a problem vs making a sell.

We are not sure if it is a wire size problem or a wire crimp problem. It always happens right at the head of the pin.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
The devil gets one chance to f... up a Honda, and it's at 66.6 or 666 miles!!! Ha!

Sh*t... I’m at almost 600 miles too. Hope this don’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 70Bones
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Great news on the fix. And great job getting those plugs apart without ripping them apart. Lol.

Hey, dont order it if you got her fixed up. Its about helping people with a problem vs making a sell.

We are not sure if it is a wire size problem or a wire crimp problem. It always happens right at the head of the pin.

Man, I didn’t have a new end or the correct crimping tool. I just cut the wire off, used a pick to open the part where the little green insulators go, and used that to crimp back down on the wire just to see if it would run.

This is a patch job at most. I’d feel a lot better to solder in the new pigtail. Just dread removing everything to get back to them.

I can’t believe Honda wants to replace the wiring harness for this. Kudos to you for creating a simple, efficient fix to keep us out of the shop.

Reactions: TripleB
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I have a thread started on this. Some pics of the break I experienced.

I've heard from an unconfirmed source that Honda did make revisions to the harness once to address this issue. It obviously was not enough.

I found this thread very useful! I used it last night to get my rig up and running. Thanks a lot. Very informal.

Reactions: 17LE and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!