P1000 questions about a radio iam going to order and speakers...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
how would i go about mounting these boss speakers to my p 1000-5 upper cage frame... here is what i am going to order..

thanks,
Gary

Reactions: TripleB
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20191102 174521

Wake tower cans are an option.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
how would i go about mounting these boss speakers to my p 1000-5 upper cage frame... here is what i am going to order..

thanks,
Gary

If you haven't ordered yet, consider just getting the receiver and ordering wake speakers separate. Better quality one's recommended, looks like Stiff is running some Polk's 👍...Boss speakers sound like sh** IMO.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 243208
Wake tower cans are an option.
If you haven't ordered yet, consider just getting the receiver and ordering wake speakers separate. Better quality one's recommended, looks like Stiff is running some Polk's 👍...Boss speakers sound like sh** IMO.
X2 on the wake speakers. I ordered the same set up u have listed. I ended up using the receiver and ordered 4 wake speakers for the 1000-5. A year later we used those speakers in the 3 seater. We put the speakers inside of 6" pvc caps and used clamps from tractor supply to mount the to the roll cage.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok thanks. i have not ordered yet. i will order the boss radio and them look at some speakers... i assume amazon maybe? is polk a brand?

thanks,
Gary

Reactions: trigger
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can find Polk Audio on Amazon.
The DBI 6.5 " or 5.25" series are Marine certified and sound great. If you add an amplifier, they will blow you away.
But....let's talk about how much you want to spend and how good of sound your after.
The Polks are great, but a wake tower enclosure will cost more than the Polk speaker. Appx $ 89 for 2 tower cans plus another $58 ish for a pair of decent 5.25" or 6.5" Marine rated Polk. Did I say amp.
You can get preloaded tower speakers cheaper, but you get... well. If you just want music and maybe hear it while riding, you can pay less for a Boss or other budget tower speakers.
If you want great out of the box sound and quality, go Polk with Rockville cans. Then add a small amp and you will make a great sounding budget UTV system.
Opinions will vary by ownership...
Look at Azon offerings for wake bar tower speakers.
Pay attention to higher RMS ratings that are CE certified(real) and speakers that are IP67 marine rated.
The Boss head is really low budget but it does put out about 15 ish watts per channel and enough to make 4 speakers sound ok, without an amp.. did I say amp.
I know, too much.
I also have 6.5's on motorcycles with amps you can entertain for a half mile.
Polk are good quality and affordable.
*** Rockville Wake Tower Speakers are often Polk speakers in Rockville enclosures. Might be a good and affordable option.
You could also use 5.25" speakers with that Boss or similar head unit.
Polk's component speakers are higher end, better sound..
Ok I'm done.
Search stereos on the forum and hold on for a ride

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
G

Gunnut

Aug 31, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I mounted mine to a piece of 3/4" plywood (painted black). I cut the plywood the right size to fit to front/back of roll bar and used heavy plastic ties for mounting to the roll bar.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Opinions will vary by ownership...

That can't be overstated! Have read threads where a small cheap system was installed and the poster claimed it shook the trees, highly unlikely but as long as he's happy with it. Have also heard elaborate high end systems that sounded terrible, ultimately it's the user's ear that sets the tune.

Quick story: when my boy was in high school, got his license, first car and all that, got a solid old Cavalier for a couple grand and wanted to put in his first stereo. Claimed there was a rich kid at school, big SUV that could rattle windows in the parking lot. Don't know much about it but gathered he had 12's in a band pass box, meant lots of boom and not much clarity but the envy of all I'm sure. :rolleyes:
I think he had to buy a cheap head unit and door speakers but the rest was thrown together with old stuff I had in the garage, couple of Kenwood 10's in a sealed box was the bottom end, put a tune on it and told him to leave it alone.
The rich kid got smoked and apparently everyone wanted to ride in the "Cavvy" from then on, including the rich kid.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!