R Version of Talon 1000-4????

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone.
I’ve searched to see is this has been discussed but found nothing.
Question is has there been any word if Honda plans to sell an R version of the Talon 1000 four seater?
Thanks.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It has been discussed a few time and it is doubtful. The 4 seater already has a large turning radius (same as the 2 seater R). If they do a 4 seat R it will have the turning radius of a school bus.

Reactions: Plumber32 and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It has been discussed a few time and it is doubtful. The 4 seater already has a large turning radius (same as the 2 seater R). If they do a 4 seat R it will have the turning radius of a school bus.
I beg to differ - :oops:

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand with the wider/longer wheel base turning radius will suffer but I don’t drive on any roads/trails now that require a tight turning radius so that would not be an issue.

I would like the wider wheel base because it increases traction/stability. I also feel would increase ride comfort due to wider stance.

I drive almost exclusively on county chert and gravel roads so I’m not concerned about maneuvering in tight areas.

Plus, I think the R looks better than the X due to wider width.

I’ve been holding back on purchasing a Talon because I can’t decide on a 2 or 4 seater and if I go with the 4 seater I would rather one with the R wheel base width. Just holding out with my fingers crossed that Honda will offer such an animal.
Just my opinion and your mileage may vary. Lol

thanks for your input

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I understand with the wider/longer wheel base turning radius will suffer but I don’t drive on any roads/trails now that require a tight turning radius so that would not be an issue.

I would like the wider wheel base because it increases traction/stability. I also feel would increase ride comfort due to wider stance.

I drive almost exclusively on county chert and gravel roads so I’m not concerned about maneuvering in tight areas.

Plus, I think the R looks better than the X due to wider width.

I’ve been holding back on purchasing a Talon because I can’t decide on a 2 or 4 seater and if I go with the 4 seater I would rather one with the R wheel base width. Just holding out with my fingers crossed that Honda will offer such an animal.
Just my opinion and your mileage may vary. Lol

thanks for your input
Don't hold your breath. You would be one of just a very few that would tolerate an even larger Turing radius. It will most likely never happen because there wouldn't be a big enough market.

If you are hell bent on something like a 4R then just buy a 4X and make it wider with the HCR long travel kit. See this vid for an example...

Or you can buy all the R suspension parts, axles and the steering rack from a wrecked 2R, weld on 2 brackets on the rear that are missing on the 4X and put it all together as an unofficial 4R. I don't think anyone has tried this but the GM at my local dealer almost had me do it. He decided not to at the last minute.

With enough money and/or time, you can build what you are looking for.

Magstar67

Magstar67

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
MO
Ownership

1. Talon R
Don't hold your breath. You would be one of just a very few that would tolerate an even larger Turing radius. It will most likely never happen because there wouldn't be a big enough market.

If you are hell bent on something like a 4R then just buy a 4X and make it wider with the HCR long travel kit. See this vid for an example...

Or you can buy all the R suspension parts, axles and the steering rack from a wrecked 2R, weld on 2 brackets on the rear that are missing on the 4X and put it all together as an unofficial 4R. I don't think anyone has tried this but the GM at my local dealer almost had me do it. He decided not to at the last minute.

I can’t remember who it was I recently saw on a FB group that built an r4 from an x4 with the help of Adam Gunn at JSportSxS. I tried a quick search and can’t find it on FB but it was within the last week.

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Your opinion is noted. I’m just saying I would prefer the wider wheel base.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!