P1000 Radiator getting plugged

A

amwatson15

May 28, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and the radiator keeps getting plugged enough to overheat the engine when trail riding/ going through mud. We go through the exact same thing that others in our group go through (they have Teryx’s and Wolverines) and they have no issues. Is this an issue with the pioneer? It seems weird because we have more ground clearance than others don’t go through the same thing yet we are having to stop riding much earlier than our group every time we ride because we get overheated.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have the one mentioned above, but like this one with a metal lance.
CF881DFE 19C2 4CEE B1F8 A86D4012C985

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and the radiator keeps getting plugged enough to overheat the engine when trail riding/ going through mud. We go through the exact same thing that others in our group go through (they have Teryx’s and Wolverines) and they have no issues. Is this an issue with the pioneer? It seems weird because we have more ground clearance than others don’t go through the same thing yet we are having to stop riding much earlier than our group every time we ride because we get overheated.
Buy a portable pressure washer as stated. Also if you're following these people through the mudholes, they stir up all the debris and your radiator picks up all the garbage. It's happened to my buddy numueros times. 3 pioneer 1000s in a row and the 3rd machine was picking up all the gunk. Go slow through all the big mudholes that doesn't require you sending it.

A

amwatson15

May 28, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy a portable pressure washer as stated. Also if you're following these people through the mudholes, they stir up all the debris and your radiator picks up all the garbage. It's happened to my buddy numueros times. 3 pioneer 1000s in a row and the 3rd machine was picking up all the gunk. Go slow through all the big mudholes that doesn't require you sending it.
Wow, I’m mad I didn’t think about this 😂

Reactions: TripleB
A

amwatson15

May 28, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!