P1000 Range Shifting question

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ok, I thought I would start with the knowledge base here first;.
New owner of a (new) 2018 P1000LE. When shifting from turf to 2wd to 4wd the dif lock light does not come on. Yesterday I went out to a wet section of the pasture and in turf mode I lit the tires up and left two distinct track marks (I thought there should only be 1?), then I went into 2WD and then 4. In two wheel drive i left the same tire tracks. in 4wd there were no tracks indicating all 4 tires pulling together. My main question is that are the indicator lights controlled by an internal switch or from the actuating arm. Is this anything I can look at? The dealer I bought this from a week ago is a 5 hour drive away so anything I can do locally is the best bet.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Russ989 just recorded a youtube video to check this yourself. He did the adjustment on a Deluxe, but the LE should be similar.
Hopefully he can share the youtube link when he sees the tag.

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t show how to adjust it but I did show a picture of where mine was adjusted to to get it working correctly. I thought about doing an adjustment video but there are a few out there already. If there is a need for me to do one for the site, I most definitely will.

Reactions: TripleB
J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn’t show how to adjust it but I did show a picture of where mine was adjusted to to get it working correctly. I thought about doing an adjustment video but there are a few out there already. If there is a need for me to do one for the site, I most definitely will.

Thanks for this, I also found a thread in another section with a lot of detail on this. Since the sxs is new and the cable is just starting to stretch I'm sure I'll have to make a few adjustments as everything wears in.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for this, I also found a thread in another section with a lot of detail on this. Since the sxs is new and the cable is just starting to stretch I'm sure I'll have to make a few adjustments as everything wears in.
Yes sir you will, mine already needs adjusted again.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just FYI everyone of the Pioneers I have adjusted were a little different. Meaning the final adjustment positions were a little different. So you may have to make small adjustments to get it just right for your machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!