Real Specs

1olranchman

Apr 5, 2014
I have a 700-4 on order as dealer does not have one in stock. Honda's website sez the 700-4 is 60 inches wide. Dealer website and other websites say it is 61.1 inches wide. Can someone confirm the width for me? My trailer is only 60.5 inches between the rails. Will a new 700-4 fit?

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I agree with HondaSxS, It will be a tight fit if your unit has stock rims and tires. All the aftermarket wheels have offsets that push the width out (especially on the front). Fully stock mine measured just a little over 60" and with the new aftermarket rims it measures just over 61 1/4 " on the front. The other dimension that has caused some challenges is the tall height of the P4 with hard top; standard height garage doors are having some clearance issues.

T

The Wire

Jan 12, 2014
I had a trailer that was 59.75" wide. I measured a P2 at the dealer and it was very close to 60" from outside wheel to outside wheel. I now have the Aluma 7712H BT for my P4. The trailer is 6.5'W x 12' long. But if your breaking the bank buying a Pioneer, it can be a challenge spending and/or justifying having to buy another trailer. :roll:

240tt

Mar 11, 2014
That would be tight to too tight fit. Not sure what type of Trailer you have and was mentioned if able to swing a new trailer or not. If not then and is a standard flat bed trailer with angle iron side wall rails. Could you take it to a shop and have them cut off then move each side out a couple of inches with new mounting brackets welded on bed frame? Of course would need to add couple inches up front on that front rail to tie in the adjusted out side rails and if have ramp on rear then need to move the pin connection out on the ramp to lock it up. That may be option and not too much cost?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6'W is really a minimum "ideal" size. 5' trailer has a very high center of gravity, relative to width versus a 6' or greater width trailer.
If your on a windy or winding, esp with a full cab it could be "exciting" to pull.

Not to mention it probably won't fit without scraping or "modifying" the machine or trailer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!