P500 Rear axle and inner cv joint HELP

W

Wvpioneer

Aug 7, 2015
Ok, I tore an outer boot and fried the outer joint. I ordered a new axle and in the process of taking the old inner cv joint off and putting it on the new axle shaft I lost one of the 6 ball bearings in my yard and cannot locate it. I don't wanna spend$130 for a whole new inner cv joint when all I need is one ball bearing. Can anyone help me determine the size. Know if one can be sourced from another joint?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Wvpioneer, this can not be bought alone. I may have some from used axles off a Rincon. I can send you several for free if you can't find it. should be same size. If not someone surely has one off there Pioneer from a busted axle and wouldn't mind sending a club member for maybe a few bucks.

But. That ball is got to be somewhere. Keep looking and let me know.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I use a magnet roller to find stuff like that. Call some friend that work constriction they should have one.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Use a micrometer on one of the ball bearings and post the diameter, I'm sure one of us would have a couple to send you.Or a local machine shop would probably have some on hand .I know we do.

W

Wvpioneer

Aug 7, 2015
Ok thanks guys I went to two atv shops today and they didn't have any ball bearings for the cage so in a last ditch effort I called the cv man in Jessup Maryland. This guy is incredible! He had exactly what I needed and gave it to me for free. Not only that but we talked for a long time and he is totally capable of making custom axles for the 500 in the event they never come out with an aftermarket shock and I decide to source one off another utv and rework a arms. I did disconnect the sway bar in the rear and from just a little spin in my yard I notice a difference. I'll keep everyone posted.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!