William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a nice new adjustable scanner wrench. Tried to use it and it bent sideways and I almost lost a finger. I now use channel locks. Pipe wrench is great too, but I didn't have one and they cost way more than channel locks!

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Well, I've had a chance to ride Blueberry since the rear shock adj... and 2 clicks on each side stiffened things up. I'm glad I didn't go all the way. It's noticeable in a good way.

It's not as soft as it was before, and feels more like the ride I remember on day one.

So this is a definite recommend for anyone that's added weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I made a short video last night about adjusting the load on the rear shocks without using a spanner tool.

Thanks for the video J. I know there are pics out there but video is always better.
I used a pipe wrench and went two clicks as well. Haven't bottomed out since.

Reactions: Jshell3
advertisement
J

JTW

What's the wire on each side for??

IMG 0791

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I've had a chance to ride Blueberry since the rear shock adj... and 2 clicks on each side stiffened things up. I'm glad I didn't go all the way. It's noticeable in a good way.

It's not as soft as it was before, and feels more like the ride I remember on day one.

So this is a definite recommend for anyone that's added weight.
...if you removed your sway bar
that has alot to do...with it feeling
soft & Loose.....
just sayin...

Reactions: Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Them sway bars tie both
rear wheels together making
it more ridged. ..Ride

J

Jshell3

What's the wire on each side for??

View attachment 24649

Dang @ your attention to detail. Eventually automatic reverse lights. But I'm struggling to find the wiring harness containing the GROUND wire when the reverse engages.
So what you're seeing are the eagle eye LEDs already secured into place, but I couldn't just leave the wires hanging. Lol

Reactions: JTW
J

Jshell3

Thanks for the video J. I know there are pics out there but video is always better.
I used a pipe wrench and went two clicks as well. Haven't bottomed out since.
Thanks! Honestly, I was reading some posts about it... hopped up at about 11:30pm to just run out to the shop and give it a try.
When I got out there, I realized that I had my phone (listening to Pandora.) And I thought about making a video of it just because it was so quiet outside.
And that's how that happened.
I started the upload to YouTube and went to sleep. Lol.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
J

Jshell3

Where does one get some of those work gloves?? Lol..
Harbor Freight. If you ever start using them, you'll never stop. Seriously.

I reload ammo, too. Avoid lead poisoning...

I just wish they were purple.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Harbor Freight. If you ever start using them, you'll never stop. Seriously.

I reload ammo, too. Avoid lead poisoning...

I just wish they were purple.
Purple?? Do you wish your 500 was purple too?

Be honest.. With all this blue, do you have a secret sexual fascination with Smurfette?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!