P1000 Rear shock boot

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone else torn their rear shock boot/cover? Noticed when cleaning this weekend there's a pretty good tear in the passenger rear rubber shock cover.

I know it's designed to keep a little dust off the shocks, but looks to be a real pain to access (spring must be removed). I think I'm going to just leave it. Seem reasonable?

I guess if the shock fails I wouldn't have a choice but to buy new Fox shocks? :cool:

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The stock shocks just have a plastic guard. They are damaged easily. Either leave it alone as it did nothing from the factory or enjoy better ride quality of an upgraded shock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!