Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking for some advice.. was going to put super atv 1.5” high clearance arms on my P1000-5. Looking to also upgrade shock and was wondering best route and also trying not to spend crazy money
If I had to do it over, I would go with fox's, keep the stock A-arms and just ride. The Accessory A-arms put stress on the the frame attachment points that aren't designed for that stress, that will save you $ 1,000.00 easy. The non factory A-arms don't have the rubber bushing in the A-arms. You have winch, if yes use it if you get hung up and get some recovery equipment. I suggest you do a lot of reading about shock set up before you buy a set of shocks. You will never make a P1 into a RZR, but shocks will improve the ride. What kind of shocks do you have now?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for some advice.. was going to put super atv 1.5” high clearance arms on my P1000-5. Looking to also upgrade shock and was wondering best route and also trying not to spend crazy money
Since you are asking here is my opinion:

I would suggest you set an expectation of how you want the machine to ride. Then prepare to open your pocketbook. Suspension is not cheap. If you want a better than stock ride with the capability to add lift using pre-load then I recommend rough country if you are on a budget. If you want a great ride then grab some fox shocks and be prepared for some potential coil swaps for $2k. If you want one and done call elka with ALL of your vehicle specs, including every little thing even down to a cooler and be ready for a maximum hit of around $5k if you want the best. Any/every other brand is just money spent on something that might make you happy and will waste your money in the long run.

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I had to do it over, I would go with fox's, keep the stock A-arms and just ride. The Accessory A-arms put stress on the the frame attachment points that aren't designed for that stress, that will save you $ 1,000.00 easy. The non factory A-arms don't have the rubber bushing in the A-arms. You have winch, if yes use it if you get hung up and get some recovery equipment. I suggest you do a lot of reading about shock set up before you buy a set of shocks. You will never make a P1 into a RZR, but shocks will improve the ride. What kind of shocks do you have now?
Agree on everything you said. Foxs are probably best bang for you buck and will give you a much better ride than stock.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

If you want a great ride then grab some fox shocks and be prepared for some potential coil swaps for $2k.
Last time Ron Ayers posted here, they were $1,469.00. Viper coils are $70 x2 for the fronts (250#) and $85 x2 for rears (300#) on Amazon. So the cost for QS3's and coils today is $1,779-ish.

I haven't done much hard trail time, but since swapping out my OEM bits for the above, I can already tell a marked difference in performance.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I would suggest you set an expectation of how you want the machine to ride. Then prepare to open your pocketbook. Suspension is not cheap. If you want a better than stock ride with the capability to add lift using pre-load then I recommend rough country if you are on a budget. If you want a great ride then grab some fox shocks and be prepared for some potential coil swaps for $2k. If you want one and done call elka with ALL of your vehicle specs, including every little thing even down to a cooler and be ready for a maximum hit of around $5k if you want the best. Any/every other brand is just money spent on something that might make you happy and will waste your money in the long run.

Elka Stage 5 - buy once, cry once

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Elka Stage 5 - buy once, cry once

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you catch the terminology of fast and slow speed damping adjustments the first read of the owners manual, I didn't.

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!