P1000 Canadian suspension upgrade

M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to upgrade my stock suspension. Searched the forums and read lots of the older posts. Lots of dated information from a number of years back.

What's my best option for shock upgrade in Canada on a 2021 1000-5+

Looking on eBay, Fox shocks seem to be about the same price after shipping and duties/tax as a set of stage 3 elkas.

I am mainly just looking for a smoother ride not necessarily going to be adjusting setting much anyway.

What should a Canadian in my situation do?

Fox? Elka? Walker Evans? Something I don't even know about!?!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Yes yes and yes.
nothing has realy changed with those Dated posts But supply chain Issues! Say Thank you Kung Flu virus and the Chi Coms.
All those shocks are good. You can get basic or high end. you can change springs to the basics to make them much better. Its all on how much u want to spend and what your looking for In your ride. I personally have Fox and upgraded the springs after a few years for a better ride. Bottom line Is that they all have pros and cons. Best if u can find someone with one of each and test drive them. But thats almost impossible to do. Asking this question, your gonna get alot of different opinion's that will confuse you more. Got to do what you feel is best for you

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to upgrade my stock suspension. Searched the forums and read lots of the older posts. Lots of dated information from a number of years back.

What's my best option for shock upgrade in Canada on a 2021 1000-5+

Looking on eBay, Fox shocks seem to be about the same price after shipping and duties/tax as a set of stage 3 elkas.

I am mainly just looking for a smoother ride not necessarily going to be adjusting setting much anyway.

Elka's are made in Canada, I like mine a lot!

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got Fox shocks from Ron Ayers for about $1400 US. Ended up costing me around $2200 CND after exchange and duty. They are probably on backorder now but that seems like everywhere. If you check out the site be sure to sign up for an account because when you add parts to your cart it shows a cheaper price.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I was a Canadian, Eh, I'd be hard pressed to buy anything but Elka's! I'm a SE Texas Redneck and I put Elka's on my P1K5... I'm not a trail rider, just use around the farm and hunting SE Texas mud and South Texas brush country... They sure fit the bill for me.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ODAMO
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I was a Canadian, Eh, I'd be hard pressed to buy anything but Elka's! I'm a SE Texas Redneck and I put Elka's on my P1K5... I'm not a trail rider, just use around the farm and hunting SE Texas mud and South Texas brush country... They sure fit the bill for me.
I'm in Ohio and still have the stock KYBs. But Im happy to know they were made in USA untill I get upgrades.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!