Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You would think but the dynos say otherwise. It does seem the percentage goes down just a little though.
Isn’t manual much more efficient as far as loss when hp numbers increase? I know auto usually looses close to same throughout

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Some CVT's are

Being the rzr has only 64.48 hp on Alba's dyno let's hope the Talon more than one hp difference.
Pretty sure the 1000 rzr is usually around/close to 80rwhp.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Isn’t manual much more efficient as far as loss when hp numbers increase? I know auto usually looses close to same throughout
Auto's mostly loose through the torque converter but the lockup converters negates most of that. The more hp, the more load and friction.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The RZR / YXZ drag race on SXSblog was real close but the RZR was usually ahead 1/2 a bike. The older YXZ would bog a little off the line and the manual shifting would loose a little on each shift. Pretty sure the '19 SS would be a whole different story with the lower gearing and the shifting is instant. Haven't found a '19 drag race yet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The RZR / YXZ drag race on SXSblog was real close but the RZR was usually ahead 1/2 a bike. The older YXZ would bog a little off the line and the manual shifting would loose a little on each shift. Pretty sure the '19 SS would be a whole different story with the lower gearing and the shifting is instant. Haven't found a '19 drag race yet.
Favorite yxz vid yet. Saw this awhile back, I’m hoping aftermarket comes out quickly for the Talon and it’ll be easy to get power from.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You see the one on Facebook today?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You see the one on Facebook today?
Yep. The Talon got out quick. Think he posted the rzr had extra weight and bigger tires, the yxz pulled it on the top end. Maybe we'll get to see a '19 yxz ss race one soon. The older ones like that with the stick shift and tall first gear are not much for drag racing. Still quicker than I expected it to be.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
There are too many variables for that kind of comparison to be useful to me. Just the belt wear and clutch condition make a huge difference on a CVT. Then the larger tires and has it had clutch work done to compensate? I am running 32’s now and lost a lot of drag race capability even after clutch work. How many of you plan to race one? Is the Talon break in over, it will get faster.
I’m not expecting the Talon to be as fast as my XP1K, that’s not why I’m buying one. It’s the total package with drag racing my last priority.

Reactions: CPope and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think people are just looking at it as a little comparison. There have been nothing yet so anything that comes out will be examined to a degree. Ya I don’t care about drag race numbers but it’s good to see it right there

Reactions: CPope and 1Ron
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!