P500 Rear winch on P520?

K

Kehoe

May 31, 2022
Vancouver island
Ownership

1. 520
Hello all,
Has anyone fabricated/found a way to mount a winch on the back of a 520 below the tilt bed? Preferably not interfering with the bed tilt.

Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I believe there is one guy on here that has a removable one, could be wrong. It would have been in one of the winch discussions from the last 6-9 months

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st Welcome form Central Upstate New York
Many good people on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES.

Need :: 2in. RECEIVER :: FT. and Rear.
Mount the winch on a ( 2in.Receiver winch mount plate ) useable ft. or rear.
Wire for <> Ft.. & Rear Operation.

Done this on :: ATV's/UTV's / Truck's & Tractor's :: since the 1970's

Have a couple posts & Picrures on the subject :: already on this forum

Last edited:
K

Kehoe

May 31, 2022
Vancouver island
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks for the reply! I had one for a decade on my quad that worked great. The versatility of front and back was amazing, and I found I used it more on the back than front.
I should have given more detail, as I do not want a receiver mount on the rear.
I got a smokin deal on a 4K winch after I already mounted a 5k one on the front with a standard behind the push bar mount. I figure I might as well hard mount the second one on the back. I would like to keep it higher than the receiver, as it will keep it out of the muck (worked great on the quad). I am wondering if anyone has fabricated a winch mount, above the receiver for the back of the P520 that won’t interfere with the dump bed?

K

Kehoe

May 31, 2022
Vancouver island
Ownership

1. 520
I saw your post and pics pappyo, looks great. I guess you have answered my question. Can’t permanently mount high, as it will interfere with the tilt bed. I guess installing the 2in receiver mount, and temporarily mounting/using it is the only way.

Reactions: crewcabrob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!