Drove 6 hours this afternoon but she’s home! Build begins tomorrow

732B218F D6E1 4614 AC97 D82863475B40 D5C13777 A0A3 406D A23C 7FA8D4DD80A6

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Picked up yesterday. Brought home and drove less than a mile and problems. Turf mode selected but shows both rear wheels highlighted. Will not change on display no matter what selection. After waiting so long I never read about any problems with the Honda’s until I searched for this problem. I have to cancel windrock trip this weekend now. Can someone tell me why Honda’s are so good???

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up yesterday. Brought home and drove less than a mile and problems. Turf mode selected but shows both rear wheels highlighted. Will not change on display no matter what selection. After waiting so long I never read about any problems with the Honda’s until I searched for this problem. I have to cancel windrock trip this weekend now. Can someone tell me why Honda’s are so good???
Don't cancel your trip. Spend 25 minutes adjusting the cable box under the seat.
Lots of threads here how to fix yourself.
Search turf mode, or turf adjust.
here is one I quickly found.
P1000 - turf mode selector

H

HondaTech

Your dealer should've caught this. This is the reason we test drive every unit before it leaves.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the display show that it’s in “one wheel peel” mode? I run mine in turf 90% of the time and remember seeing the display showing 2WD last weekend while in turf and wondered to myself if the display changes between turf and 2WD. I know the rear was unlocked at the time.
*Full thread derailment here.*

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drove 4.5 hours to get it yesterday. They drove it out and I loaded it. I didn’t think to check that operation.
I agree with @HondaTech, Dealer should have caught this. It is a quick fix though, not worth returning it to a dealer to be adjusted.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just to make sure your looking it correctly.
It's only the differential (X) that changes on the rear wheel display in turf mode.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and TripleB
P

PioneerDuluth

Mar 28, 2018
Duluth, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't cancel your trip. Spend 25 minutes adjusting the cable box under the seat.
Lots of threads here how to fix yourself.
Search turf mode, or turf adjust.
here is one I quickly found.
P1000 - turf mode selector
I second this and had the same issue with my 2016 when I got it home. Very easy to adjust and haven't had an issue since.

WOT-Outdoors

WOT-Outdoors

Supporting Member
Mar 26, 2019
Rochester NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm having the same problem on my brand new 18. What I do is just blurp the throttle to cause the machine to lunge slightly and it seems to eventually pop in or out of lock. I have this issue will all 4 drive options. Maybe I'll look into it adjusting the cable in the garage tonight.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Surprised to see you bought a roof vs making one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
price of the alu and the time it would take for me to build this exact one .... you definitely cant beat the tusk!!! pita to install 1 person but 100% worth the money great quality and low pro its perfect

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does the display show that it’s in “one wheel peel” mode? I run mine in turf 90% of the time and remember seeing the display showing 2WD last weekend while in turf and wondered to myself if the display changes between turf and 2WD. I know the rear was unlocked at the time.
*Full thread derailment here.*

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m going to try again when I get home. I might not have driven far enough. That’s what the dealer told me.
Dealer scheduled day to come get the pioneer. Flat tire on trailer on the way there. Woo hoo. Get there and the pioneer was not ready. Roof wasn’t on like I ordered. Get home and won’t shift right. Gas tank empty. What a terrible experience. Still team Honda!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!