P1000 turf mode selector

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my turf mode/2wd/4wd/diff lock selector is not activating. I noticed it last night just right around a bit around the house. What/where needs adjusting to get this fixed? I'd rather not take it to the dealer.

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my turf mode/2wd/4wd/diff lock selector is not activating. I noticed it last night just right around a bit around the house. What/where needs adjusting to get this fixed? I'd rather not take it to the dealer.
Pop the bed, and open the panel under the the driver side foot well. Open the box that contains the cables. Put the levers in Park and 2wd. Adjust the two front cables until the collar is in between the two cast guidelines in the box. Then push the collar rearward and adjust the one rear cable until it is flush with the two lines on the pin. The clearance between the pin and the collar should be .04-.24" If it won't go into turf mode the rear cable is too loose, and if it wont come out of turf mode the rear cable is too tight. The adjustments are just jamb nuts and you can just screw or unscrew them to loosen or tighten the cables. This is really easy to do! This is what it should look like when you are finished:
11159 b01b66c275a177dc36d17c616f6133e0

Last edited:
N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes it does...people are great on here....thank you for the exact instructions...i'll get it tightened up this week after work!
My pleasure! This seems to be a common issue in assembly, mine was way out of wack when I opened it up with 30 miles on it. Of course, it might have been built on a Friday:oops: Can't blame them too much if this was the case.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes agreed. Mine would not go into turf mode the day I took delivery and one of the mechanics not familiar with the new model adjusted it in about 10 minutes while I watched.
My pleasure! This seems to be a common issue in assembly, mine was way out of wack when I opened it up with 30 miles on it. Of course, it might have been built on a Friday:oops: Can't blame them too much if this was the case.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seems it worked better for me to jack up the rear end when I adjusted mine.

Reactions: Stauvo
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did this tonight....it seemed to tighten up my park, neutral, high, low, reverse lever but still not engaging my 4wd selector appropriately.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4wd has an adjustment on the front diff that must be tightened as well, follow the shifter cable down from underneath the hood and you'll find it on the passenger side of the diff.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
all 2wd, turf mode, 4wd, and 4wd diff lock
Sounds like the cable adjustment may still not be correct? The shift lever is a completely different adjustment. You can jack up the rear of the machine and spin a tire to ensure lock and unlock. Make sure that you are in Park and 2wd when you do the adjustment, or it will not be correct.

Last edited:
N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the adjustment for the shift lever from jpgoody98:

Shift Lever:

Very important, does your SxS lurch, pop out of gear, late clutch engage/disengage?
This adjusts under the hood, under the battery, very important.
1: Remove hood, battery, and the black access panel underneath battery.
2: You will then see the cable, sitting in its "stay", 19mm lock nuts holding its position.
3: Place SxS in Neutral & 2WD.
4: Loosen both holding nuts, got back to the SxS cab. **Do not shift from N**
5: With out leaving N, check the Shift Lever's "vertical free play" (wobble), it should be CENTERED.
-------------Not favoring the up(Park) direction, or down(High) direction.
-------------Mine was heavily favoring the up direction, toward park...
6: Adjust the lock nuts until the free-play is centered, I needed to tighten the top nut.
7: Once happy, tighten the lock nuts 20ft-lbs and re-check.

This solved all the little issues my SxS had developed at break in. It was lurching when taking off from a stop, very annoying when pulling onto trailer or into garage. And when braking to a stop the clutch was disengaging late.

Reactions: pct and sharp
N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^This, at least seems to me, might be a solution for a lot of people that complain about lurching, or shudder.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I did this tonight....it seemed to tighten up my park, neutral, high, low, reverse lever but still not engaging my 4wd selector appropriately.
Sometimes the diff locks 2WD & 4WD have a mind of their own and can take a little longer to engage and disengage. It all depends on change of speed and or turning whether it kicks in or out quickly. Di you have any better luck with it since?

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had time to adjust it anymore yet.....hopefully this weekend

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!