Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BS, all it takes is a 10 & 12 mm socket, short extensions, 1/4 & 3/8 drives, funnel, oil & filters and rags. And a lot of patience, it's a pain in the butt. I suggest starting at the back with the engine and then the oil pan drains, then the filters.
I don't think he's physically able.
What? Put it in MT and bang through the gears!
Haha. Ya done that. I find it just as good in AT sport mode. You can still bang through the gears or let it shift on its own

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
BS, all it takes is a 10 & 12 mm socket, short extensions, 1/4 & 3/8 drives, funnel, oil & filters and rags. And a lot of patience, it's a pain in the butt. I suggest starting at the back with the engine and then the oil pan drains, then the filters.
Please disregard, I forgot about your back injury, the oil change would definitely put a strain on your back.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please disregard, I forgot about your back injury, the oil change would definitely put a strain on your back.
No problem, this would be the very first time I had to delay a oil change that I always did myself before on any motorized vehicle I have ever owned. It pains me to no end. But thanks for your oil change tips, they are always welcome!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to start using the paddle shifters, sometimes when going up steeper hills the automatic transmission upshifts at times when it probably shouldn't and it sounds like the engine is lugging until the transmission does a downshift...

If it's just a trail hill (not a major climb) this is where I like to pop it into Sport Mode as I approach the hill. It'll stay in lower gear / higher RPM without upshifting and lugging on you.

You'll find that even if you hit the paddle shifter in AT mode, it'll still upshift again before you want it to. Sport Mode is the way to go unless you want to go full MT.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it's just a trail hill (not a major climb) this is where I like to pop it into Sport Mode as I approach the hill. It'll stay in lower gear / higher RPM without upshifting and lugging on you.

You'll find that even if you hit the paddle shifter in AT mode, it'll still upshift again before you want it to. Sport Mode is the way to go unless you want to go full MT.
Yep. Sport mode is great for that

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That's a great tip about going to Sport Mode! I will try that. Thanks!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How long you had that pioneer? The first thing I did was try out all the buttons to see what they did 🤣
I got the buggy in about mid March this year and put on about 20 miles of easy road running due to heavy snow cover yet on the ground. Then I had surgery end of March and just now able to put some easy miles on it. My middle name I would say is "Cautious" and I always seem to have to overthink everything a few times before I actually do it... lol!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the buggy in about mid March this year and put on about 20 miles of easy road running due to heavy snow cover yet on the ground. Then I had surgery end of March and just now able to put some easy miles on it. My middle name I would say is "Cautious" and I always seem to have to overthink everything a few times before I actually do it... lol!
Well get healed up and go try it out

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
this is normal, if u forget, the ECU takes over... possibly think of it thud way, if it was a 5 speed manual tranny, hard to pull out in 3rd/4th gear..
Yes I am sure about that! When I was slowing to a stop I was already going to do the downshifts and I noticed it was already being done by itself, great feature!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got to try out the paddle shifters and manual mode today. Worked great and I will be using them more now.. I did notice that the transmission will downshift on its own when slowing down or stopping. I am assuming that is normal?
Yep. Glad you're liking it. It's an awesome transmission and fun to drive. I just got my fox shocks put on. Now I can really hammer down and don't have to let up as much

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Careful there Pard...too much thinking has gotten me into trouble all my life. Then, there are times I should have thought BEFORE doing...at least one wife was a result. The older I get the more I feel and not so much thinking...if it feels right then it usually is OK to proceed.

Anyway...WISH big time that I had "turf mode" on my 700...should have spent more time looking at the 1K and see how it "feels".

Fast Dawg

Fast Dawg

Jun 16, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was also very glad to read on another post about delaying the 100 mile first oil change. There is no way I would be able do that oil change myself!
We can delay the first 100 mile oil change? I picked up my 1000 in June 2021. I don't have 100 miles on it, but was thinking about taking it in because it's been a year and oil breaks down. Where can I find this information?

I'm another back issue guy. Three surgeries on L4 & L5, with the last one fusing L4, L5, and S1 together in 2014. In 2018 I had some pain above my right kidney - felt like kidney stones - that was diagnosed as a herniated disc at L1-T12. They treated it with epidural steroid injections until last year when that didn't work. Surgery in October 2021 didn't take away the pain and now I've been diagnosed with permanent nerve pathway pain. Don't delay back surgeries!

box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!