Recall letter

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
My brother sells Honda and new bikes came in today with the updated shocks and from the pictures o seen the rear looks lower, I'm not sure to have update done or not. I'll get some measurements when I can

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I am tempted to see if I can get these springs. I think this new dual rate coil design might ride a little better, can anyone who has done this swap tell us the result?
i CAN TELL YOU THIS,I BOUGHT A SET OF REAR SHOCKS & PUT THEM ON FRONT OF MINE.I DO ALOT OF TRAIL RIDING & THE RIDE IS WAY SMOOTHER WITH THEM ADJUSTED DOWN.IF YOU WANT THEM STIFFER ADJUST THEM UP.

Reactions: rocmar
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Initially was gonna take a pass on the updates, but thinking about it when I look at the pix above appears the stock to new shocks are nearly same length unsprung (no weight on them). So when installed there is 1.1" of sag to account for meeting the voluntary regulation? If so I think I'm gonna order them and put on spacers, just to mess with ride quality and height. Who knows maybe an improved, certainly adjustable ride.

jrc
Just I was shopping for aftermarket shocks, i get a call from my dealer about the recall! Did you end up getting the updated shocks? were they worth it? My concern is loosing an inch of clearance. Something that this thing is already short on...

Reactions: rocmar
willeh_ca

willeh_ca

Aug 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
Yep worth it. Go up an 2 inch in the size if you haven't already and it's a wash. Plus adjustability all the way around. I'm sure others will chime in.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Just I was shopping for aftermarket shocks, i get a call from my dealer about the recall! Did you end up getting the updated shocks? were they worth it? My concern is loosing an inch of clearance. Something that this thing is already short on...

Seg I did do the recall and as soon as I got it home I put in a 1/2” spacer on the shocks. As I recall the ride was better, I mostly ride with just me on the machine with usually some work stuff on the rear e.g., 70cc chainsaw, hand tools. I run 26” tires and never really noticed any loss in clearance, I also have a significantly thicker UHMW (9.4 mm) full skid plate and stick stoppers on it.

Just recently put on aftermarket shocks, Elka Stage 3s not riden on it to speak of yet aside from ploughing snow and it seems to ride nicer and doesn’t sag down as much when lifting the 66” snow blade. Can hardly wait to ride on it out in the wild... check out the Elka shocks as they are made in Canada and look to be a quality product, and then you’ll have a spare set of stock shocks (new) for back ups or to sell.
Cheers,
j

Reactions: trigger
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Seg I did do the recall and as soon as I got it home I put in a 1/2” spacer on the shocks. As I recall the ride was better, I mostly ride with just me on the machine with usually some work stuff on the rear e.g., 70cc chainsaw, hand tools. I run 26” tires and never really noticed any loss in clearance, I also have a significantly thicker UHMW (9.4 mm) full skid plate and stick stoppers on it.

Just recently put on aftermarket shocks, Elka Stage 3s not riden on it to speak of yet aside from ploughing snow and it seems to ride nicer and doesn’t sag down as much when lifting the 66” snow blade. Can hardly wait to ride on it out in the wild... check out the Elka shocks as they are made in Canada and look to be a quality product, and then you’ll have a spare set of stock shocks (new) for back ups or to sell.
Cheers,
j
Thanks for the info. I also have a UHMW full skid plate ( Solrus ) and also am looking at the Elka shocks. We have to close to identical ride! I also use a 66 inch plow(click&Go2)!

Reactions: JCart

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!