russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Today got all of my insulation installed.
Fiberglass and Self-Adhesive Backing Heat Barrier 36"x 39" (10 Sq. Ft)
Bulkhead behind our legs, Mid panel between seat and back. and seat back. Waiting for Atwood Turbo 4000 II bilge fan and Heat mat for between seat and engine. Also Samsung split system AC:eek::rolleyes:

Pictures or it didn't happen....

Reactions: TripleB
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
What? you question my honesty;). I will try and take some pics. I put it all back together before I thought of photos. My wife can vouch for me does that count?

Obviously a poor attempt at humor on my part. :cool: Would like to see some pics of the AC though.

Reactions: TripleB
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well picking up the Honda tomorrow again, faulty oil gasket they said is why My Honda 1000 was leaking oil after they serviced it and they forgot to put the full comfort kit back on. So will take out this weekend and see if it made a difference. I can say they do try to make things right....

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well picking up the Honda tomorrow again, faulty oil gasket they said is why My Honda 1000 was leaking oil after they serviced it and they forgot to put the full comfort kit back on. So will take out this weekend and see if it made a difference. I can say they do try to make things right....

Glad it was simple, good turn around time as well. Get ours back today from first service. Anxious to see if new oil will quite it down as reports have said. Heading towards Crown King tomorrow. We'll have to try and do a ride sometime.

Reactions: RB3offroad
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad it was simple, good turn around time as well. Get ours back today from first service. Anxious to see if new oil will quite it down as reports have said. Heading towards Crown King tomorrow. We'll have to try and do a ride sometime.
Love Crown King!!! My favorite place

advertisement
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up Honda, will test this weekend, However left the shop not happy. I am all about making things right and that they did, and maybe this is just a pet peeve(OCD). But when I call them about what they didn't do and did do and I specifically ask do you want me to wash before bringing in because I don't want you to work on it dirty even though it was only driven an hour but it was dirty from the desert. They so no we will do that for you before we work on it and then I pick it up and it was still dirty and they left their stuff in there and tools they forgot.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up Honda, will test this weekend, However left the shop not happy. I am all about making things right and that they did, and maybe this is just a pet peeve(OCD). But when I call them about what they didn't do and did do and I specifically ask do you want me to wash before bringing in because I don't want you to work on it dirty even though it was only driven an hour but it was dirty from the desert. They so no we will do that for you before we work on it and then I pick it up and it was still dirty and they left their stuff in there and tools they forgot.
Are you taking your machine to Surprise? They assured if I purchased the service agreement that they would drive to Prescott and pick my machine up and drop it off for each service. This is not unusual for rural areas and they have a delivery pick up service that runs daily. I asked my salesman and the sales manager on the day of purchase, Is this correct and is the service free? They both said yes they do it all of the time. 2 weeks later I call the service department for my 100 mile check up. Service manager says that it will be 300.00 for them to pick up my machine! I told them the service doesn't cost that much and I was promised free pick up and delivery. I called the sales manager he remembered the conversation, told me that 300 is ridiculous and he would get to the bottom of this. Turns out that the service dept. had changed their policy just 2 weeks earlier and forgot to tell the sales dept. wink wink. So I went to the General Manager and canceled the service agreement. Moved all of my future business to Prescott where I can drive my machine in for service. Why didn't I just buy my machine from Prescott? They didn't have one. Thats why I asked.
On a bright note Star Island did do my service and we rode the Turkey Creek trail to Palace Station and back to Prescott. Machine ran perfect, weather was perfect and the after ride refreshments were ice cold, great day.

Reactions: DG Rider
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you taking your machine to Surprise? They assured if I purchased the service agreement that they would drive to Prescott and pick my machine up and drop it off for each service. This is not unusual for rural areas and they have a delivery pick up service that runs daily. I asked my salesman and the sales manager on the day of purchase, Is this correct and is the service free? They both said yes they do it all of the time. 2 weeks later I call the service department for my 100 mile check up. Service manager says that it will be 300.00 for them to pick up my machine! I told them the service doesn't cost that much and I was promised free pick up and delivery. I called the sales manager he remembered the conversation, told me that 300 is ridiculous and he would get to the bottom of this. Turns out that the service dept. had changed their policy just 2 weeks earlier and forgot to tell the sales dept. wink wink. So I went to the General Manager and canceled the service agreement. Moved all of my future business to Prescott where I can drive my machine in for service. Why didn't I just buy my machine from Prescott? They didn't have one. Thats why I asked.
On a bright note Star Island did do my service and we rode the Turkey Creek trail to Palace Station and back to Prescott. Machine ran perfect, weather was perfect and the after ride refreshments were ice cold, great day.
No ours is in Chandler! But they are all connected. Ride Nows

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
They used an air blower to clean what they worked on.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the Honda back out and she purred like a kitty and the heat shield now is much better. Still think we need to come up with something else. We do have a half windshield on the front and put a full windshield on the back not fully enclosed so it could breather on the outsides. I can say the dust in the back seat was 75% better and the heat moves around much better.

Reactions: JTW
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Red Hills in Tallahassee Florida is saying I have to leave the machine there a week to week and a half in order for them to do the work (transmission / accelerator). They refuse to make an appointment to do it. Is this normal?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Red Hills in Tallahassee Florida is saying I have to leave the machine there a week to week and a half in order for them to do the work (transmission / accelerator). They refuse to make an appointment to do it. Is this normal?
A 4 hour 15 minutes of work, so no.

Reactions: russknight
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both times I had mine in I had it back next day so no.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Turkey Creek trail? I've ridden many, many miles in that area, but haven't heard any of them by that name. Which trail is that?

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Turkey Creek trail? I've ridden many, many miles in that area, but haven't heard any of them by that name. Which trail is that?

C8723D35 B7BD 4FEC 9574 6D8E8563660D B0C44149 E720 41A8 8CF2 1CDD9A82109A EEF79858 2CB1 45EB 9B3A 985FF1FBD696

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!