Talon Recommend dealer for warranty Phoenix area

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just noticed a leak on front drive left side at axle. Also noticed how loud 4 wheel was while engaged that got me looking for a leak.
Anyone in the Phoenix area with some experience with dealers?

M

MundsParkAZ

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Western Honda

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I like western Honda also.
My front Diff. leaked a little on the left side when I first got it. But I live in Yuma and did not want to run over to Phoenix until I needed more things done.
But after around 800 miles it stopped leaking and I am at 2000 miles now and still not leaking and staying full.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
No firsthand experience yet but I've only heard/read positive things about Western Honda versus the opposite with Ride Now.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
This
I like western Honda also.
My front Diff. leaked a little on the left side when I first got it. But I live in Yuma and did not want to run over to Phoenix until I needed more things done.
But after around 800 miles it stopped leaking and I am at 2000 miles now and still not leaking and staying full.

Mine did not leak until recently app 700 miles and leaked enough I could hear a very loud noise when in four wheel. That is what got me looking for a leak.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the answers. Western Honda it will be. Hope it doesn't take forever.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Took Talon to Western Honda for front diff leak. Everything went well and got machine back a week later (5 working days). They even called when it was ready like they said they would. Now just have to drive it and see if leak is stopped and the excessive noise due to oil leaking out. They said no gear damaged, still concerned about bearings. Forgot to ask how much if any oil drained out. If this had been a new RZR I would have been paying since it is 7 months old.

Reactions: Lil_Steve
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Mine just started leaking at around 7,200 miles. Drivers side front. The oil level was down about 1/16 inch. I will get it fixed next year. My dealer does good work too. With such a slow leak it won't lose much oil in a thousand miles.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine just started leaking at around 7,200 miles. Drivers side front. The oil level was down about 1/16 inch. I will get it fixed next year. My dealer does good work too. With such a slow leak it won't lose much oil in a thousand miles.

I seem to lost almost all oil in one ride of about 70 Miles. It washer the dirt off as it ran down the side.

J

Joewelfare

Dec 25, 2019
Surprise
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had the same problem and took mine to motocity in anthem. I had the first service done while it was there. After a drive up and down the road I noticed axle grease all over the wheel well and the outer boot wasn't even even seated.They didn't even reset the service indicator. I brought it back to them, they took care of retightening the boot bands, resetting the light and they are going to replace the outer boot that doesn't seat right. I don't live right next to the dealership and it's kinda s***ty that I'll have to return to the dealership twice after the initial service to get the problem resolved. Whoever did the work on the axle left some big marks on the differential and axle. They are great in the customer service side of things tho! Hahaha just my experience

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Finally got to drive Talon yesterday after seal replacement. Don't see any sigh of leak but Four wheel drive is still very loud and annoying. Noise is worse while coasting. It did not make this noise until recently, I thought it was because of low oil due to the leak.
Called Josh at Western Honda about the noise and he never called back Saturday. Not blaming them for the noise, just trying to get it stopped.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just noticed a leak on front drive left side at axle. Also noticed how loud 4 wheel was while engaged that got me looking for a leak.
Anyone in the Phoenix area with some experience with dealers?
call Josh at Western Honda

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!