Warranty denial

Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill

Lifetime Member
Jun 6, 2024
Carson City
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
They took it for a drive and couldn’t replicate it after clearing the codes. I didn’t have time to stay when I dropped it off but gave them a rundown as to what was going on. I hadn’t noticed when it came on so I was no help there. I was hoping the alignment might fix it based on the codes.

I took it out today for a 50 mile drive today. 5 miles in going straight at 35 the light came on. Pulled over, started it back up after a minute and the light stayed on. Gave it a few seconds after key on before starting. Next stop was 10 minutes. Light didn’t come back on and stayed off the rest of the day until 5 miles from the staging area. Going straight again and 40. At the staging area I turned it off and it sat for 10 minutes. Never came back on again.

I will see what the shop manual says about the steering angle sensor.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They took it for a drive and couldn’t replicate it after clearing the codes. I didn’t have time to stay when I dropped it off but gave them a rundown as to what was going on. I hadn’t noticed when it came on so I was no help there. I was hoping the alignment might fix it based on the codes.

I took it out today for a 50 mile drive today. 5 miles in going straight at 35 the light came on. Pulled over, started it back up after a minute and the light stayed on. Gave it a few seconds after key on before starting. Next stop was 10 minutes. Light didn’t come back on and stayed off the rest of the day until 5 miles from the staging area. Going straight again and 40. At the staging area I turned it off and it sat for 10 minutes. Never came back on again.

I will see what the shop manual says about the steering angle sensor.
I got news for you, an alignment wont fix a shock issue unfortunately.

Some unsolicited advice , It would behoove you to call the SM at the dealer tell him what has happend and make an apt to that works for you and them to go back and take it for a drive with the tech with hopes to replicate the issue. You work with them they will work with you. We love when customers make an exerted effort to work with us and their schedule to Fix an issue. In my business we want to make sure it gets taken care of and they/we know your time is important to you and so is ours

Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill

Lifetime Member
Jun 6, 2024
Carson City
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I’ll give the SM a call. As far as the advice being unsolicited - that’s why I started the thread! To get thoughts from those that are more knowledgeable about these machines than me.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’ll give the SM a call. As far as the advice being unsolicited - that’s why I started the thread! To get thoughts from those that are more knowledgeable about these machines than me.
like - it didnt do it u til your shop touched it - make it right and give me my refund from the 1st visit…..?

Reactions: Backwoods
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I didn’t see anywhere where you said you checked if the rack is centered or not. I would check that. Easy way is does it turn the same amount both ways. If not then it makes me wonder if they never removed your steering wheel when they “straightened it”. If they straightened it by turning the tie rods then the steering angle sensor is probably off now and faults intermittently. I would also measure the back and front of your front rims across from each other to see how “aligned” they really are. I don’t remember reading that you have tried/checked any of that. Just a thought.

Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill

Lifetime Member
Jun 6, 2024
Carson City
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I didn’t see anywhere where you said you checked if the rack is centered or not. I would check that. Easy way is does it turn the same amount both ways. If not then it makes me wonder if they never removed your steering wheel when they “straightened it”. If they straightened it by turning the tie rods then the steering angle sensor is probably off now and faults intermittently. I would also measure the back and front of your front rims across from each other to see how “aligned” they really are. I don’t remember reading that you have tried/checked any of that. Just a thought.

I did not. I was not aware you could do this yourself. New to these so I‘m learning.

Thanks for pointing that out Hometeam. I appreciate it.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Juat seen this. Dont forget to hit “reply” or tag @Dollar Bill so the person your replying to gets a notification like u just did.

What did the SM say?

Reactions: Dollar Bill
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I did not. I was not aware you could do this yourself. New to these so I‘m learning.

Thanks for pointing that out Hometeam. I appreciate it.
If it is easier you can DM me and I can give you my number and I can explain/walk you through what I am saying and how to do it. We have all been there with our first go around….

advertisement
Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill

Lifetime Member
Jun 6, 2024
Carson City
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Juat seen this. Dont forget to hit “reply” or tag @Dollar Bill so the person your replying to gets a notification like u just did.

What did the SM say?

@Remington I stopped by on my way home. I gave them a rundown of last weekend’s drive. They appear annoyed it’s not fixed - but want to look at it again. They are backed up three weeks but asked me to drop it the 19th and they will have someone take it for an extended drive. I’m heading out of town the next day so they can keep it for a bit.

I’m going to check the steering rack this weekend and see if it’s straight.

If it is easier you can DM me and I can give you my number and I can explain/walk you through what I am saying and how to do it. We have all been there with our first go around….

@Hometeam Thanks very much for the offer! I’ll send you a DM now. Extremely generous of you!

Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill

Lifetime Member
Jun 6, 2024
Carson City
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
A HUGE shout out to @Hometeam! He just called me and gave me 25 minutes of his time walking me through the issue - and a bunch of other stuff extremely helpful for a SXS noobie.

Is the M12 3/8th drive impact you have the stubby or full size? (Edit - looks like the stubby is the way to go.) Father’s Day is right around the corner. 😁

Thank you sir!

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
A HUGE shout out to @Hometeam! He just called me and gave me 25 minutes of his time walking me through the issue - and a bunch of other stuff extremely helpful for a SXS noobie.

Is the M12 3/8th drive impact you have the stubby or full size? (Edit - looks like the stubby is the way to go.) Father’s Day is right around the corner. 😁

Thank you sir!
I believe it’s the stubby. It has been a life saver for me on our sxs.

Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill

Lifetime Member
Jun 6, 2024
Carson City
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Thanks to the guidance provided by @Hometeam and another forum member that sent me a couple DMs (and wishes to remain anonymous) I believe I’m in good shape now. Alignment and steering wheel are straight and I reset the steering angle sensor.

I’m going away for a long weekend and have a ton to do at work before leaving. Unfortunately I won’t have time to take it for a drive until after I get back. At this point I’m going to call the dealer and cancel the appointment to take in.

I also now own a nice Milwaukee 3/8th stubby impact. 😃

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks to the guidance provided by @Hometeam
I'd say buy that man a beer when you see him next, but @Hometeam prefers White Claws. :D

and another forum member that sent me a couple DMs (and wishes to remain anonymous)

Too late. The request for anonymity gave it away ... 😉

Hopefully, you've got it all squared away!

advertisement