Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
One thing I am afraid to do is get this bad boy stuck. Ya, sure I got a 5k winch and some snatch blocks. But what happens if it's not enough? Say, It stops working or burns up? What next?

That brings me to my question.

Has anyone put together a good recovery gear pack for your SXS?

Reactions: sharp
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
If your stuck that bad probably shouldn't have been there in the first place. Haha. Jk. Don't know what else you could bring that's why we all buy winches and snatch blocks. Maybe a come-a-long. But that could also fail. Just hope your with someone else that can get you out.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Has anyone thought about a Hi-Lift UTV jack?
http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks/utv.html

UTV JACK 0021

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
If you ever get really....really stuck, here is some "recovery gear" that can permanently resolve challenging situations encountered on the trail: :lol:
Big tree limb is in the way... no problem.
If the mud is too deep ....no problem
If a big rock is in the way....no problem
Encounter with Grizzly Bear or Cougar....no problem
:roll:

Images

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Hondasxs said:
Polaris broke down.... No problem. :)

You don't need dynamite to blow up a Polaris - that feature is factory built into the clutch / belt drive assembly. ;)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm re-opening this older thread to keep on topic since the title was already in use so, This is my basic recovery gear and bag I keep in my truck at all times to use in conjunction with my Warn VL 10,000 winch. I'm hoping to carry it in the back storage box on the trails with me in the P5. Most of it was made by the Australian company ARB. I'd like to find a similar smaller set up for the P5. Does anyone know of any decent recovery gear made for utv's? I already have the KFI Snatch Block. I'd imagine there's something smaller out there than my heavy duty set that would take up less room on the P5. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks!
IMG 0439

J

JTW

I'm re-opening this older thread to keep on topic since the title was already in use so, This is my basic recovery gear and bag I keep in my truck at all times to use in conjunction with my Warn VL 10,000 winch. I'm hoping to carry it in the back storage box on the trails with me in the P5. Most of it was made by the Australian company ARB. I'd like to find a similar smaller set up for the P5. Does anyone know of any decent recovery gear made for utv's? I already have the KFI Snatch Block. I'd imagine there's something smaller out there than my heavy duty set that would take up less room on the P5. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks!
View attachment 46858
TSC has a Traveller brand kit for atv/utvs..

Traveller ATV/UTV Winch Essentials - For Life Out Here

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TSC has a Traveller brand kit for atv/utvs..

Traveller ATV/UTV Winch Essentials - For Life Out Here
"The Traveller ATV/UTV Winch Essentials has what you need to get the job down right. Includes one bag, one 10,000 lb. Snatch Block, one 2.0T (4,410 lb.) D-ring shackle, one black glove, & one 1 in. x 6-5/8 ft. tree strap."

What's with the one black glove, am I supposed to cut the fingers off and sew on a bunch of sequins so I can dance like Michael Jackson while winching?

J

JTW

"The Traveller ATV/UTV Winch Essentials has what you need to get the job down right. Includes one bag, one 10,000 lb. Snatch Block, one 2.0T (4,410 lb.) D-ring shackle, one black glove, & one 1 in. x 6-5/8 ft. tree strap."

What's with the one black glove, am I supposed to cut the fingers off and sew on a bunch of sequins so I can dance like Michael Jackson while winching?
Then get this one and have a mismatched pair!
Traveller Truck Winch Essentials - For Life Out Here

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then get this one and have a mismatched pair!
Traveller Truck Winch Essentials - For Life Out Here
I wonder which hand it fits, and what if you're one of those evil bastard leftys? The Chinese used to think left handed people were inherently evil. They also thought the same about cats, I wonder why they ate them too? Cats that is. Other cultures cut off the offending hand. Isn't history grand?

J

JTW

I wonder which hand it fits, and what if you're one of those evil bastard leftys? The Chinese used to think left handed people were inherently evil. They also thought the same about cats, I wonder why they ate them too? Cats that is. Other cultures cut off the offending hand. Isn't history grand?
I actually have the atv kit.. dad caught it on sale and got it for me.. I've added a couple things. But it does fine. Oh, and it has one pair of black gloves. Lol

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you not read your own forum?:rolleyes: @Delton and I had to use my high-lift to move a tree out of the trail because someone forgot their chainsaw. There was no turning around and we had to move it. I never dive headlong into a questionable mudhole unless I have another rig with me. I've also seen what a 5000lb winch will haul and it will haul a honda sxs up an angle that was almost impossible to walk.. again a video on your forum, (you need to watch other videos besides mudman;)..LOL

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ohhhh, you need to be careful the topic watcher will be all over you for not staying on topic.;)

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Do you not read your own forum?:rolleyes: @Delton and I had to use my high-lift to move a tree out of the trail because someone forgot their chainsaw. There was no turning around and we had to move it. I never dive headlong into a questionable mudhole unless I have another rig with me. I've also seen what a 5000lb winch will haul and it will haul a honda sxs up an angle that was almost impossible to walk.. again a video on your forum, (you need to watch other videos besides mudman;)..LOL
Quit picking on our fearless leader o_O jeez, the man is busy:rolleyes: you cant expect him to read every post by us knuckleheads ;)

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Quit picking on our fearless leader o_O jeez, the man is busy:rolleyes: you cant expect him to read every post by us knuckleheads ;)
Oh sure.... suck up so you'll get that "contributor badge". You can have mine. I don't think he wanted to give it to me anyway..:rolleyes: You moderator types all stick together.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!