P1000 Relay wiring question

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When adding relays to power accessories is it better to wire the control side as Sinking or Sourcing on these machines. I can wire them either way but it would make a difference on how I fuse the circuits.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And for the normal person. Positive (source) trigger or Negative (sink) trigger. lol.

Either is fine.
But remember most common SPST On/Off switches need the switched line to be 12v positive for the LED backlights to work.
Therefore most everyone runs the sourcing method.

I have moded a few common SPST switches for reverse polarity allowing the switch and backlights to work off negative for a few mods. such as 700 and 500 fan overrides which uses a sink method to operate.

Reactions: TripleB
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
When adding relays to power accessories is it better to wire the control side as Sinking or Sourcing on these machines. I can wire them either way but it would make a difference on how I fuse the circuits.

The relay should be sourcing to the lights or what ever you are powering. That's the way I have mine setup if that means much. Hope this helps..

2019 P1k5 Black Widow!

Image jpg

Image jpg

Reactions: TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!