P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone wanting to see the difference in thickness and quality of the SATV versus the honda. The SATV arms are much thinker and and high in quality. These are the rear lowers shown.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got my rears done.
Noticed some damage from Drummond Island I missed. The shock canister got jacked pretty hard. Still operational will just have to watch it. Every time I go there I can’t get out without damage due to the ruts, like RRB lol. Pressing on to the fronts!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, I got to the fronts and found a few things. One was that both O rings that the CV joint connects to the steering knuckle/hub are split and bad. They were leaking grease. It had caked pretty good on the inside of the hub. So I’ll go to the hardware tomorrow in my travels and get new ones to clean that up.
2 is the ball joints. I bought the honda ones cuz of the price. The lowers are good quality but the uppers....dam the metal on the shaft are garbage, they mushroomed out while using my Mac tools ball joint press. Usually those are made of good hard steel from my experience.they were only 14$ each so not a total loss. I ordered uppers from SATV they will be here Tuesday. I’ll see if I can get some pics of things for you tomorrow. Got to be up early and time to turn in.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This was the driver side O ring that was bad where the cv joint connects to the steering knuckle causing the grease in that area to go all over that same steering knuckle.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got one side done. The SATV ball joints came today. Much better quality and a bit different being there fully serviceable. You can remove the guts. To this made it very difficult in how I was to use my press. With a little bit of choice words I figured it out and there in. The brass zirts that come with them are not so good. Brass is delicate. I lightly bumped one and it broke . So an easy out and a new real Zirt and good to go! Tomorrow the driver side and completion.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got Er’ done! Looks kid BA IMO. The true 30’s are Marked difference in appearance. It’s looks super beefy. They clear good as well. Just need to make some fine tune adjustments to the arms but I did a good job at the eyeball o_O test. I’m on call this weekend, looking at some warmer temps here so I won’t be too busy. Should be a good thing to do on my down time. Now for a big ol brew for the finished job!
6373F80A 2554 4BDF 8D22 29DB645CA52E

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got Er’ done! Looks kid BA IMO. The true 30’s are Marked difference in appearance. It’s looks super beefy. They clear good as well. Just need to make some fine tune adjustments to the arms but I did a good job at the eyeball o_O test. I’m on call this weekend, looking at some warmer temps here so I won’t be too busy. Should be a good thing to do on my down time. Now for a big ol brew for the finished job!View attachment 95664 View attachment 95665 View attachment 95666 View attachment 95667
Looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks awesome

Thanks man. Striking difference for sure! Thanks for the idea of truck tires! I love em

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hard to tell on the one pic, but those are my old motoclaws. I haven’t weighed them but the Achilles felt like they weighed the same.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Love all the side tread new wheels too !

Yeah that was a pleasant surprise when they arrived. I honestly didn’t know they had them when I ordered them.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Your just running satv arms and fox shocks no lift right ?

Correct. I had a lift but with the SATV arms they strongly suggest different CV joints. To be honest, with the arms they pretty much took the place of the lift. I think if I left the lift and got longer CV joints I’d be screwed getting it into my toy hauler unless I chopped the top. Some day but not at the moment ;)

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The fox shocks I can pre load a bit more, ( lord knows I’ve done that a lot lol) to get a bit more lift. I’ll play with that this weekend.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!