P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is the location of the sub that best fit. The P1 dosnt give u any other options I liked. Actually there weren’t any options lol. Still have room behind it to put a back pack and another bag in front of it. This thing is definitely rugged and water proof. So far impressed with the construction. Can’t hook it up yet till my amp and new front plate for my switches and new radio control arrive. View attachment 97026

In the summertime we will go riding and park in the creek to cool off and eat lunch. While we’re sitting in the creek with the radio on sometimes this speaker is halfway covered up or completely covered.

I have removed the speaker from the enclosure just to check in did have to dry some moisture out of it. So now I make sure I turn it off if I’m going deep over the floorboard. Other than that, it has been great.

Oh yeah, i used some dielectric grease around the speaker when reinstalling and any other piece that I could remove and re-seal like where the wire goes in.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In the summertime we will go riding and park in the creek to cool off and eat lunch. While we’re sitting in the creek with the radio on sometimes this speaker is halfway covered up or completely covered.

I have removed the speaker from the enclosure just to check in did have to dry some moisture out of it. So now I make sure I turn it off if I’m going deep over the floorboard. Other than that, it has been great.

Oh yeah, i used some dielectric grease around the speaker when reinstalling and any other piece that I could remove and re-seal like where the wire goes in.
I would think being submerged it could only take that for so long also. Yes I use dielectric grease like it’s going out of style on my machines as well as on my generators electronics at work. There was a test video I seen of someone getting this thing wet and even submerged, it was on a boat. They took it apart afterward and it was dry. I won’t submerge it and it’s easy to remove and I have a remote adjustment switch to turn it off also. The only draw back for it being in the middle is if someone riding there. It’s pretty rare we ever do, but that thing is so tuff I think they can put there feet on it. I’ll most likely just make them ride in the back:D

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Getting ready to do my new stereo and switch plate. Trying to get a bit more organized. My OCD is in overdrive! Wait...when is it not? Lol. Anyway, I labeled my wires better. Still an octopus but it’s labeled and will be even more tidier.
E1EBAB68 8C49 4E4C A62D D801CDA315A3

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
On another therad I have my heater stuff. Figured I’d also put it in my build for all to see here also. Still farting around with this. Hope to have it all set by the weekend.
B0A17A19 E6D9 4609 A4AF 2C62C9E39453
2752D5FC F62C 4D46 A4EE 1E8507DA34C5

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got my heater done. What a Beotch that was. Tight spaces. Impressed with the air that blows out of it. The antifreeze was blue, anybody know what that is and do I need to use that ornis it the same as universal green?
A9F7E122 5BCC 47AF 8E6B 4C4FF143F40F
537FA915 A876 4CC6 9EAC 3B17F82ECB8C

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my heater done. What a Beotch that was. Tight spaces. Impressed with the air that blows out of it. The antifreeze was blue, anybody know what that is and do I need to use that ornis it the same as universal green?View attachment 98501 View attachment 98502
The blue is a Honda blend. You can buy quarts of Honda coolant on Amazon. You can also get gallons of premix.

It should be available off the shelf locally as well. Honda street car dealer, Honda Powersports, any decent parts store. Maybe even Wally world.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my heater done. What a Beotch that was. Tight spaces. Impressed with the air that blows out of it. The antifreeze was blue, anybody know what that is and do I need to use that ornis it the same as universal green?View attachment 98501 View attachment 98502

Curiou how that black flex duct will hold up against heat and rubbing on engine components. was there an option to stay closer to the floor or was that the only way through?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Curiou how that black flex duct will hold up against heat and rubbing on engine components. was there an option to stay closer to the floor or was that the only way through?
That was the only way through. Now that I’ve had time to think about it and some rest, I’m gona try and re run the aluminum flex.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The blue is a Honda blend. You can buy quarts of Honda coolant on Amazon. You can also get gallons of premix.

It should be available off the shelf locally as well. Honda street car dealer, Honda Powersports, any decent parts store. Maybe even Wally world.
Thanks bud. I’ll get some of that today. Never had to sea with Honda stuff while working on cars. My expertise was with the big 3. A lot of green, orange and yellow.

Reactions: sharp
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what if your first duct went out right under driver seat... literallyrun1st duct 180degrees over heater box and out righ there... maybe leave more room for long duct heading to passenger seat?

Reactions: Remington and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
what if your first duct went out right under driver seat... literallyrun1st duct 180degrees over heater box and out righ there... maybe leave more room for long duct heading to passenger seat?
There’s not enough room for the duct to come out under the electrical computer there also too many OEM wires coming out in that general area. I got a few more 3” elbows. I’ll make it work tonight when I get home. I think it will be fine with the aluminum flex. It won’t get hot or be an issue I believe. Also got some perstone 50/50 ready use Honda antifreeze, it’s the blue stuff. Was hard to know if it was blue till the parts guy was interested and cut the proof seal lol. It was at carquest and I’m sure at any other parts store if u need some.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok MInty’s here’s the finnished product. Worked my bag off on this tonight. What a complete whore! Can I say that here? Oh well..I tore out the black vinyl that’s a complete saggy joke and fire hazard and relplaced it with some 3” aluminum flex and one with 3-3” elbows. I had to reposition the heater to make that work. Mater of fact, it’s the only place it works. Also to note, there is only room for your fingers for smack tape to seal your seams. (For those of you in Reo Lynda that’s Foyal tape) Stuff works great. It’s now safe as ready to rock doc! Just need to run it, burp it and bleed it.
FC1147E7 97F2 4533 B4EA DC4A236C7E2F
749F0E0C CC15 4BA7 AE6C 1F1CCECCE23F

D2BAFE90 F341 4C40 9BCE 1E27B0574D70

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok MInty’s here’s the finnished product. Worked my bag off on this tonight. What a complete whore! Can I say that here? Oh well..I tore out the black vinyl that’s a complete saggy joke and fire hazard and relplaced it with some 3” aluminum flex and one with 3-3” elbows. I had to reposition the heater to make that work. Mater of fact, it’s the only place it works. Also to note, there is only room for your fingers for smack tape to seal your seams. (For those of you in Reo Lynda that’s Foyal tape) Stuff works great. It’s now safe as ready to rock doc! Just need to run it, burp it and bleed it. View attachment 98659 View attachment 98660
View attachment 98663
Awesome, I hope you don’t have any issues with getting the air out. Do you have pics of all the other water connections, or are the two I see there the only ones?? Thanks

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!