P1000 Replacing Stock sliders

B

BillChestnutt

Oct 11, 2018
East Valley Arizona’s
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m getting ready to install Trail Armor skid plates on my P1000-5. I noticed the stock sliders under the doors are made of really thin tubing. Has anyone made their own replacements, and how hard is it to get the stock ones off the machine?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m getting ready to install Trail Armor skid plates on my P1000-5. I noticed the stock sliders under the doors are made of really thin tubing. Has anyone made their own replacements, and how hard is it to get the stock ones off the machine?
If there not bent, I would think about sliding SCH 80 1 1/4 blk pipe in the tubes.

B

BillChestnutt

Oct 11, 2018
East Valley Arizona’s
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To late for that, I’ve got some pretty deep grooves along the bottom sides . I was thinking , if they come off relatively easy I’d make some from thicker wall square tubing before attaching the skid plates.

H

HondaTech

The side pipe pieces are part of the inner dash/a-pillar mount. This picture shows the extent of their reach into the machine.

Wpid 2016 honda pioneer 1000 5 frame engine atv sxs utv

B

BillChestnutt

Oct 11, 2018
East Valley Arizona’s
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My idea was to cut the front down tube and attach it to the square tubing then copy the existing slider shape but use heavy material. I was just wondering what the tab is that is shown in the picture just in front of the rear down tube?

H

HondaTech

My idea was to cut the front down tube and attach it to the square tubing then copy the existing slider shape but use heavy material. I was just wondering what the tab is that is shown in the picture just in front of the rear down tube?

That is for the plastic panel that covers that area. The allen head bolt that sits horizontally in that panel.

advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many attach points are there on those stock side tubes? I can see the two at the a-pillar and at the back, are there any others? Is it removable by bolts, or are there any welds?

They look like good candidates for re-fabbed, heavier replacements.

Reactions: Lady01
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does this method just slide inside of it from the rear?
Yes you could slide tubing inside the OEM tubing. The stock tubes likely have some warpage from welding and are prone to filling with water so you might create crevise corrosion issue. With the tube gussets, I was able to fully paint them and since they are VHB taped there is no crevise for corrosion between 2 adhered and painted parts.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you could slide tubing inside the OEM tubing. The stock tubes likely have some warpage from welding and are prone to filling with water so you might create crevise corrosion issue. With the tube gussets, I was able to fully paint them and since they are VHB taped there is no crevise for corrosion between 2 adhered and painted parts.
This sounds cool. I think I may do this. As far as I know we haven't dented ours yet but... I haven't been under it since our ride royal blue trip from last week.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!