P1000 ReplacingCab Window Crank Handle on Pioneer 1000-3 & Windows hard to crank?

G

Griffbl

Jan 27, 2021
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The knob must have been broken off in my Honda Pioneer with Hard cab on the driver's side before I purchased it. I ordered a new one from Partzilla. Expensive! Also bought a tool at Autozone to remove the old crank handle which was recommended by another forum member. Thanks! :) Window IS difficult to roll up. I am sure this contributed to the breaking off of the knob on the existing handle. ESPECIALLY so now that I retrieved the window felts from inside the doors and placed them inside the window tracks once again. I am going to wax both sides of the windows, hoping that will slightly improve the rolling resistance. Anything else I can do?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
On mine the drivers side is easy up and down but passenger side is hard. Inside the door there are two cables for lowering and raising the windows. Maybe due to less usage of the passenger side on mine anyway the cable is in need of some sort of dry lubrication.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!