Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I adjusted my reverse cable tonight in about 2-3 minutes so I would not have to pull it to go in reverse. Works great!

That was one of the first things I did to mine. I noticed @PistonHonda was still using his in one of his videos. That was a pita when plowing.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would it even go into reverse while you were moving forward? I've been wanting to do this myself but like @HUCK said I don't trust myself.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Mine jerked the transmission when I was barely rolling forward and hit reverse. My bad.

Reactions: Little_g
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Would it even go into reverse while you were moving forward? I've been wanting to do this myself but like @HUCK said I don't trust myself.

Yes, it will. I sometimes get a little impatient when plowing and shift into reverse while still rolling forward slightly, it'll give you a good jerk.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Where is the adjustment point located in the hood. I am going to adjust mine.

D

Deleted member 3748

Where is the adjustment point located in the hood. I am going to adjust mine.
I searched the site and can't find it but if I remember correctly, it's easy to figure out. My power at the house is out today so I'll go out and adjust mine and let you know what I find.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

Deleted member 3748

Thanks as soon as you do let me know ;) so I can do mine.:)
The first thing I did was take it apart to see how it worked.

WP 20170707 13 35 58 Pro

I recommend you don't do this because it was a pain in the ass to get it back together.

My cable had the nuts adjusted almost all the way back as far as they could go (away from the lever). This allowed normal lever operation. If I turned the nuts toward the reverse lever, the lever eventually stopped working and it would shift into reverse without pulling the lever. Adjust it for your preference. :)

WP 20170707 14 26 15 Pro 1

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
The first thing I did was take it apart to see how it worked.

View attachment 48324

I recommend you don't do this because it was a pain in the ass to get it back together.

My cable had the nuts adjusted almost all the way back as far as they could go (away from the lever). This allowed normal lever operation. If I turned the nuts toward the reverse lever, the lever eventually stopped working and it would shift into reverse without pulling the lever. Adjust it for your preference. :)

View attachment 48325
Good so it's in the hood right by the firewall.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I adjusted my reverse cable tonight in about 2-3 minutes so I would not have to pull it to go in reverse. Works great!

Good thread @William . I did mine so long ago I had forgotten about it until I saw Piston use his. Fast, free and easy mod.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!