Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have had my reverse lever blocked off for 2 years now and would have it no other way. I have to do a 3 point turn to turn around in my driveway from the garage every time I use my p500 and I don't even touch the brakes any more. You almost can not shift fast enough that you could hurt the transmission. Putting it in reverse before you come to a complete stop will give you a slight "jerk" and slow any forward motion. I do this many many times plowing in the winter and no problems. It's a HONDA!
Cool, what year model is yours??

Reactions: Gassygordo
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
If these are like the old Honda atv's they will lock out of reverse at anything above 3mph. No matter if your clicking or not, they will not drop into reverse while going forward! I'm sure Honda has this in place for this Pioneer too

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Cool, what year model is yours??
I have a 2015. I figured out the reverse lever mod as soon as I got it home and rode it. I knew I did not have enough hands to run everything when snow plowing (steering wheel, shifters, winch button or blade angle button) and a reverse lever. I run out of talent real quick!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I run out of talent real quick!
Well hell JJ, where’d you do your schooling at? :D:D

So I was asking the year because I thought maybe they had changed something on newer models. I think I’ll play with it going into reverse while I’m rolling and see what I think before locking it out. Thank you!!

dtng

dtng

Sep 25, 2018
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Had a couple trees come down this week so I've been moving a lot of fire wood, in and out of reverse a lot so I get the value of the mod, the lever is a real PITA. That said if Honda locks out reverse while moving and there is no issue of damaging something, why did honda go to the expense and trouble to add the leaver no one likes if it doesn't protect some thing? I have a similar lever to pull out on my lawn tractor to keep the mower blades spining when I put it in reverse. It's to require you to think about the fact that your going in reverse and look before you mulch the family pet. I'm pretty sure it was designed by lawyers not engineer's. Did Honda do the same thing?

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Had a couple trees come down this week so I've been moving a lot of fire wood, in and out of reverse a lot so I get the value of the mod, the lever is a real PITA. That said if Honda locks out reverse while moving and there is no issue of damaging something, why did honda go to the expense and trouble to add the leaver no one likes if it doesn't protect some thing? I have a similar lever to pull out on my lawn tractor to keep the mower blades spining when I put it in reverse. It's to require you to think about the fact that your going in reverse and look before you mulch the family pet. I'm pretty sure it was designed by lawyers not engineer's. Did Honda do the same thing?
Good points. I think there’s quite a few members that have had the reverse lever muted for a long time with no issues reported.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
With the design to prevent gear engagement during movement, have not had any problems after 2 years of lever mod. Don’t worry or over-think potential problems. Its a little tank and can handle it. LOL.

Reactions: dtng and JollyJoker
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I dont think mine will shift out of neutral if you have your foot on the gas at all. Kinda scared me first time i was in a mudhole and had to back out.

Reactions: dtng
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Great mod, the wife got excited turning P5 around one day and yanked the reverse lever outta the dash... she, knowing it’s my pet was freaked I’d be mad (which is odd as I rarely get pissed when stuff gets mashed). Anyways did the adjustment and only down side is I’ve never ordered the lever and in winter cool air comes through the hole in dash. Ours is a ‘15 will not go into any gear if it’s slightly rolling.... this is an awesome mod, specially for ploughing snow.
j

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'm concerned of getting into the cooler and forgetting, so I better not make that modification....
Yeti cooler

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I CAN'T (easily)DO THIS MODIFICATION on my 2018; there is not a second nut (the one closest to the front) on the assembly to keep it in the correct position. When I am ploughing I will just pull the lever out and wrap something around it to keep it out. My wife didn't want it done anyway. Not only is she the boss, the P500 is registered in her name.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I CAN'T (easily)DO THIS MODIFICATION on my 2018; there is not a second nut (the one closest to the front) on the assembly to keep it in the correct position. When I am ploughing I will just pull the lever out and wrap something around it to keep it out. My wife didn't want it done anyway. Not only is she the boss, the P500 is registered in her name.

Can you snap some pictures?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!