P500 Reverse lever bypass

Y

Yukon_Jon

Nov 17, 2018
Yukon Territory
Ownership

1. 500
Did this quick little mod today before some plowing, and yeah, huge difference in ease of use.
Was thinking about it after, and wondering about the strain on the cable long-term, if anyone had had any issues, etc, Glad to hear folks are a few years in with no ill effects.

I agree with the AMR youtube channel being a hell of a resource too. Was part of the reason I pulled the trigger on the P500 in the first place, lots of enthusiasm and love for the little machine.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Bumping this mod for new members. See page 1.

Reactions: trigger
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Did it tonight, worked like a charm. I think there’s less of a clunking sound going into reverse without pulling the dash handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
There shouldn't be any different noise, the exact same things happen inside the tranny. Just an interlock is bypassed...

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I know, but it goes into reverse quieter. Great little change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!