P1000 Riddle me this on my switches

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok say I have the plate from Mystic and I am working on putting my OTRATTW switches in. They are lower independent. So I jumped all the 7 and 8 circuits together. I also have the dual battery isolator with the dual voltage readout. The harness that came with this has a spare ground wire which so since the harness is right by the switch panel I tied to that spare ground. I then took circuit 6 and tapped into the brown wire (which I think is the headlight wire). My issue is the lower lights come on upon ignition. I thought this would allow the lower lights on only when the headlights were turned on. Where did I go wrong here? Any help appreciated. I attached the switch diagram.

Attachments

• Switch Circuit.pdf
    291.3 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: sharp
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the wire I tapped for the lights Wiretap

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sounds like the brown wire is hot with key on wire.
You may need to tap into the low beam headlights wire. I think the low beam are on also with the high beam.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like the brown wire is hot with key on wire.
You may need to tap into the low beam headlights wire. I think the low beam are on also with the high beam.
DO you happened to know which wire that is? I have to imagine its the wrong wire for headlights. Its a 2017 deluxe, I was following the sticky thread on what wire to tap for the headlights, maybe the wiring changed if that was for a 16 model? Thanks for the reply!

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DO you happened to know which wire that is? I have to imagine its the wrong wire for headlights. Its a 2017 deluxe, I was following the sticky thread on what wire to tap for the headlights, maybe the wiring changed if that was for a 16 model? Thanks for the reply!
I got it. It was off the wrong harness and that other wire was obviously keyed hot. Thank so much!

Reactions: sharp and JACKAL
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got it. It was off the wrong harness and that other wire was obviously keyed hot. Thank so much!
Ok please post a couple pics! I am in the process of hooking up the upper lites on my panel. I have a second battery being delivered today. I want mine to come on when key is on. Glad we could help

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok please post a couple pics! I am in the process of hooking up the upper lites on my panel. I have a second battery being delivered today. I want mine to come on when key is on. Glad we could help
The key on power comes the upper black wire harness. You will see 3 harnesses, 2 black and 1 white. You need to strip the sheathing back on the top harness that is black. If you pop your driver side cup holder out you can actually wiggle the wire if you pull it hard enough to verify this. My mistake was tapping the wire in the white harness.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also believe people pull power off the 12 volt accessory plug wire for key on power. That first wire I tapped was in error so I wouldn't trust using that long term although it worked by mistake for me I have no idea what that actually powers up.

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes I want the uppers lit anytime the switch is on, I may not want my headlites on and still be able to see the switches.
But thank you for the info, it will surel help someone else on here.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then you just need to tap the one in the sticky thread. Wealth of info on here and ton of great guys that help you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!