Ride at RRB in Tennessee September 24 -26

C

coleman4868

My neighbors just got a 2020 P1K5D and was going to take them out on very easy trails ( they are in thier 80s) as they aren't used to the machine yet. He finally upgraded, he has 6 Honda Fourtrax from 250 Recon to 400 Ranchers all around 30 years old, every one of them running.
That's Saturday you're going to do that?

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
If interested in Friday & Saturday is the Comfort Inn the place to stay? Don't really wan to pull the camper for one to two night stay.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If interested in Friday & Saturday is the Comfort Inn the place to stay? Don't really wan to pull the camper for one to two night stay.
Yeah I'm planning on it. If we can get the schedule cleared up. There are cabins u can rent and yes the comfort inn is right there also.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Also, not sure if ure ride is stock or not but I would highly suggest adding skids if you can. I rode there a few months ago for the first time and skids are a must in my opinion. U'll be thankful u did 😉

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Also, not sure if ure ride is stock or not but I would highly suggest adding skids if you can. I rode there a few months ago for the first time and skids are a must in my opinion. U'll be thankful u did 😉
bone stock it has a skid plate but none on the a arms it is just a stock 2021 1000-5 only one in my area that was in stock inventory very low. I will not have any upgrades before this ride will that be an issue? stock tires no winch my top is on order so it should be here.

advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, I rode there end of may and some of the trails were pretty rutted up, I just installed my full skid before going and super glad I did. We rode with a couple from MI their rig was all stock and they had no issues but... I would strongly suggest that upgrade if at all possible.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bone stock it has a skid plate but none on the a arms it is just a stock 2021 1000-5 only one in my area that was in stock inventory very low. I will not have any upgrades before this ride will that be an issue? stock tires no winch my top is on order so it should be here.
Stock tires will be fine, no wench, just make sure you are with someone that has one, most of the riding we will be doing is pretty easy, so you should be ok. So far it looks like a pretty good group going so we won’t leave you stuck out there.

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Stock tires will be fine, no wench, just make sure you are with someone that has one, most of the riding we will be doing is pretty easy, so you should be ok. So far it looks like a pretty good group going so we won’t leave you stuck out there.
sounds great looks like we are from the area I live over in Leicester what part of WNC are you in.

Reactions: Backwoods
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree, I rode there end of may and some of the trails were pretty rutted up, I just installed my full skid before going and super glad I did. We rode with a couple from MI their rig was all stock and they had no issues but... I would strongly suggest that upgrade if at all possible.
Trails are no where near as bad as they were when u guys rode. I got 2 buddies with the 1000s with stock skids that ride royal with no issues, yet. They should be fine. If you come up on something u think might damage your rig, just turn around and find another trail.

C

coleman4868

Trails are no where near as bad as they were when u guys rode. I got 2 buddies with the 1000s with stock skids that ride royal with no issues, yet. They should be fine. If you come up on something u think might damage your rig, just turn around and find another trail.
My pioneer just has stock skids. I've bottomed out and drug too a few times, and haven't had any problems yet. But I'm not a rock crawler either, lol. I would like to upgrade to a full aftermarket skid plate, but the next thing I'm working on buying is a 4 or 5 point harness.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My pioneer just has stock skids. I've bottomed out and drug too a few times, and haven't had any problems yet. But I'm not a rock crawler either, lol. I would like to upgrade to a full aftermarket skid plate, but the next thing I'm working on buying is a 4 or 5 point harness.
You can ride 90% of RRB area without worry in regard to the skid and still have a blast, but I would still recommend one. Since you live in TN, if you plan to ride these trails regularly you'd be better off spending the money on the full coverage skid plate versus the harnesses right out of the gate. One rock out of place on a trail you normally travel or a stick/log fallen across the path can result in some serious damage.

C

coleman4868

You can ride 90% of RRB area without worry in regard to the skid and still have a blast, but I would still recommend one. Since you live in TN, if you plan to ride these trails regularly you'd be better off spending the money on the full coverage skid plate versus the harnesses right out of the gate. One rock out of place on a trail you normally travel or a stick/log fallen across the path can result in some serious damage.
Really? I've heard so many say a harness is more important, because factory seat belts aren't much to start with.

Reactions: Ridinfool
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
YUP!!! Can’t stress this enough, put mine on right before we went and bounced it pretty hard a few time, cool part was my wife helped me install the new skid and she saw the difference between the two and she did not freak out when we bounced, she actually had a smile on her face. @Adam490 is right, the trails change on a daily basis best mod you can do to protect you 17K machine.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really? I've heard so many say a harness is more important, because factory seat belts aren't much to start with.
If you are rock crawling and doing crazy stuff,get the harnesses, if your just riding do the skid. If you are rock crawling and doing crazy stuff you would already have the skid, cuz you wouldn’t be doing that stuff with out it... for long anyway.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
If you're planning on riding where you think you may need 4 point harnesses versus the seatbelts, the skidplate would be a requirement versus a preventative add-on. Crawl under your machine and take a look at how close the oil pan is to the crossmember. There is also no protection for the shift linkage.

Seatbelt held me in here, and I sat like this for a good while as my "friends" took pictures :rolleyes: . I would recommend the harnesses as well, but the skid is more important since you'll need it to tackle many of the more challenging areas/trails.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!